Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2014 10:51:00 AM EDT
Thinking about getting a vepr 12 with the tac welded folding stock. If I make the stock a folder, I need to add US compliance parts...correct? I've read conflicting threads on how many parts are needed for the vepr 12.
If you can shed some light in this matter, I'd greatly appreciate it!!
Thanks,
Phillip
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 1:45:33 PM EDT
[#1]
If modified, the Vepr 12 would require (6) US parts. Easy swaps are the FCG (3 parts) and muzzle device. US mags count as (3) parts.

With regard to 922r, the specific type of AK is insignificant. Stamped receiver AK's require (6) US-made parts to be 922r compliant. Milled receiver AK's only require (5) US-made parts due to the front trunnion being part of the receiver.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:55:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If modified, the Vepr 12 would require (6) US parts. Easy swaps are the FCG (3 parts) and muzzle device. US mags count as (3) parts.

With regard to 922r, the specific type of AK is insignificant. Stamped receiver AK's require (6) US-made parts to be 922r compliant. Milled receiver AK's only require (5) US-made parts due to the front trunnion being part of the receiver.
View Quote

US mags count as 3 parts? well that's easy haha
Is SGM or whoever the only company in town worth a damn?

and is there a standard that everyone uses for the FCG?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:57:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is SGM or whoever the only company in town worth a damn?

and is there a standard that everyone uses for the FCG?
View Quote

Wait for the soon to be released Csspecs 8 rounders.

I use modified G2 triggers in both of my Vepr 12s.  Very nice.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:59:41 PM EDT
[#4]
so if you just do the FCG, can you not use the Molot mag that comes with it?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:40:24 PM EDT
[#5]
You can also change out the gas puck as a part.CSS has them.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top