Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2013 9:53:54 PM EDT
Just got my Molot RPK in 5.56. It is fricking amazingly built.

20 seconds with a dremel and the stock was once again "folding".

Many parts (much more than a Chinese AK or other variant) are serial numbered. The original pistol grip was in the box (installed grip is US for 922r).

Other then the crappy caliber and crappy promag, I have no complaints other then I am already plotting to buy another
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 11:13:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics?
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 11:31:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice. Will it take a Bulgarian mag?
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 11:38:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pics?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Pics?

Already lost in a boating accident.

Never mind, item recovered

Quoted:
Nice. Will it take a Bulgarian mag?

Yes, Pic coming.

Stand by.....
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 12:04:00 AM EDT
[#4]
The Molot VEPR IV in 5.56

" />

Link Posted: 12/20/2013 10:09:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Sweet looking rig.
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Are those spring pins in the front sight?
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 11:58:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Roll pins I think. I will look closer when I get a chance.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 5:47:20 PM EDT
[#9]
If it's all Vepr, IO couldn't screw it up too bad
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 6:11:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Very cool gun, congrats.
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 8:31:49 AM EDT
[#11]
these rifles are the SHIZ!!!! I built one up in 5.45 right before they released these. I would have bought one of these in a heart beat if I hadn't of been able to find all the parts for a 5.45 build.
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Beautimus!
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 12:14:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
these rifles are the SHIZ!!!! I built one up in 5.45 right before they released these. I would have bought one of these in a heart beat if I hadn't of been able to find all the parts for a 5.45 build.
View Quote

Pics man, we need pics!
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 6:32:38 PM EDT
[#14]
what kind of mags work with these rifles?
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 6:53:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
what kind of mags work with these rifles?
View Quote

I am using Bulgarian Circle 10 mags.
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 7:10:24 PM EDT
[#16]
is there a source for them other than gay-var? i wont do business with them. can't stand them or their prices.
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 7:18:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
is there a source for them other than gay-var? i wont do business with them. can't stand them or their prices.
View Quote

I believe Kvar is the importer for all the Circle 10 5.56 mags, but there are many other resellers offering them. They are quite expensive right now, glad I stocked up several years ago

ETA: If you don't have a soul you can use promag and might get lucky and have them work
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 7:31:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I believe Kvar is the importer for all the Circle 10 5.56 mags, but there are many other resellers offering them. They are quite expensive right now, glad I stocked up several years ago
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i saw that definitive arms is offering a permanent conversion for vepr ak's with a magwell that acts just like an ar... takes ar mags, has a bolt hold open on the last shot feature and mag release just like an ar...

i am really wanting one of these RPK's, but the magazine situation is a huge factor for me. i have hundreds of ar mags. id much rather pay 550 with a professional refinish and be able to have an endless supply of mags. then again, maybe i should just buy this thing and stick it in the safe as a collectors piece.
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 7:58:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

i saw that definitive arms is offering a permanent conversion for vepr ak's with a magwell that acts just like an ar... takes ar mags, has a bolt hold open on the last shot feature and mag release just like an ar...

i am really wanting one of these RPK's, but the magazine situation is a huge factor for me. i have hundreds of ar mags. id much rather pay 550 with a professional refinish and be able to have an endless supply of mags. then again, maybe i should just buy this thing and stick it in the safe as a collectors piece.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Personally I would not dump $550 into a gun in a way that will destroy any potential collector value just to have cheap mags, not to mention the $550 would get you about 15 mags which is not too shabby.
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 12:44:21 AM EDT
[#20]
RTI has 45 rounders. Not sure of make or CoO, but they're a hundred bucks.  I'm tempted to get one for my 106, but that hundred bucks is probably best spent elsewhere.

http://www.royaltigerimports.com/shop.html#!/~/product/category=2251897&id=32517436
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 8:07:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
RTI has 45 rounders. Not sure of make or CoO, but they're a hundred bucks.  I'm tempted to get one for my 106, but that hundred bucks is probably best spent elsewhere.

http://www.royaltigerimports.com/shop.html#!/~/product/category=2251897&id=32517436
View Quote

Dude you're killing my wallet
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 8:23:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, tell me about it. I've been waiting for those to come into the country for months.  Very disappointed to see the price tag.
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Lol, tell me about it. I've been waiting for those to come into the country for months.  Very disappointed to see the price tag.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I too would like cheaper, but up until now the few of those I have seen were always around the $150 mark, so I guess it is time to suck it up and buy. Worst case scenario I see them for $50 each and double down.
Link Posted: 12/31/2013 11:08:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Uhh that is a smoking price for Molot 45rd rpk 5.56 mags.  Those were almost unheard of as of a few months ago, and the one that sold on gunbroker a week or two ago went for almost $400.  

Quoted:

I too would like cheaper, but up until now the few of those I have seen were always around the $150 mark, so I guess it is time to suck it up and buy. Worst case scenario I see them for $50 each and double down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/1/2014 12:20:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Uhh that is a smoking price for Molot 45rd rpk 5.56 mags.  Those were almost unheard of as of a few months ago, and the one that sold on gunbroker a week or two ago went for almost $400.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered 5. We'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 1:10:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Ordered another 6 on top of previous order.

I'll be happy if at least one mag show up
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 5:47:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Let us know how they work when you get them
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 1:02:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Wow. I didn't know they pulled that much money before now. May have to pick one up.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 2:22:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Am I on crack?

I just paid $1100 for 11 magazines for a $1000 rifle?

Russian crack, for sure
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 5:40:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Am I on crack?

I just paid $1100 for 11 magazines for a $1000 rifle?

Russian crack, for sure
View Quote

I was kinda thinking the same thing yesterday when I saw your made two orders..  Nice rpk btw, you will have to post up some range results when you get some glass on it and dialed in along with some action shots.  I would love to have one, but my collection consists mainly of short carbines.  

I got 5 of the mags for my 106ur sbr, and if I had the funds I would buy a few more.  Especially them being unobtainable for so long.  Coincidentally I sent a few people some emails a week or two ago asking about these very mags and the likelihood of importing a small batch of them.  The reply I got back wasn't too hopeful, so I am ecstatic that these have shown up!
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 9:03:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Any word on the magazines?  They everything you expected them to be?  Id be interested in some pictures.
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 4:43:59 PM EDT
[#32]
any range reports on these yet? I've seen the 5.45 conversion threads but nothing on accuracy for the 5.56 model
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 11:26:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Any word on the magazines?  They everything you expected them to be?  Id be interested in some pictures.
View Quote

Got my first batch of 5 mags in, They were not near as long as I expected and quite a bit wider. It was also strange that they were 12g and only held 8 rds (they sent me VEPR 12g mags )

That's all I got so far
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 9:47:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Got my first batch of 5 mags in, They were not near as long as I expected and quite a bit wider. It was also strange that they were 12g and only held 8 rds (they sent me VEPR 12g mags )

That's all I got so far
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's all I got so far

Here is a thread on another forum where myself and a few others have a discussion about them going on with the good and bad on them.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171011

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 9:05:34 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Here is a thread on another forum where myself and a few others have a discussion about them going on with the good and bad on them.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171011

View Quote
sounds to me like these mags were made for use in a rifle without a bullet guide. Once the front tab breaks off they seem to be fine. Look forward to some actual range reports.

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 9:19:09 PM EDT
[#36]
OP did you get your 45 rounders yet? Would love to see them in the 1V.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:57:18 PM EDT
[#37]

Need one of those in 5.45
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:33:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Auzie with his VEPR IV yesterday. Shoots very well

Z
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:35:08 AM EDT
[#39]

how does it compare to the 5.45?

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 10:27:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Well you know me and 556...meh. Too expensive for me

Shoots well, has a louder report than the 545 and definitely gives that RPK smile. The 45 round 556 mags are the final touch.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:13:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Very nice, But looking at the stock folding assembly I don't see a release button or lever to release the the stock so it can be folded or unfolded. Please explain. Thanks Leed709
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 10:07:42 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Very nice, But looking at the stock folding assembly I don't see a release button or lever to release the the stock so it can be folded or unfolded. Please explain. Thanks Leed709
View Quote

there's a lever on the side. Completely different than a 74 mechanism.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:17:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/NICTRA/2013-10-13163353_zps8f0d4f04.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/NICTRA/2013-10-13163353_zps8f0d4f04.jpg

And to open the stock, since it locks closed using that same lever, there is a knurled lever inside the receiver "end" that you push to release the stock. It's visible in the third pic on the first page.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:33:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Wish me luck...just ordered a VEPR IV and three 45 round mags from Royal Tiger.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:41:37 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Wish me luck...just ordered a VEPR IV and three 45 round mags from Royal Tiger.
View Quote
sweet!

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 1:17:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Honestly they really are a smoking deal. Much like the Vepr 12 shotguns which I am currently trying to save for
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 7:13:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Mine showed up at the FFL today, plan to hopefully wring it out tomorrow.

Was a little concerned about ordering from Royal Tiger / Inter-Ordnance but the rifle showed up in a timely fashion and in excellent shape. The three 45 round mags I ordered were in the box with the rifle.
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 12:21:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Who sells this rifle ????
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top