Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/14/2013 11:10:58 PM EDT
I finished the rear end conversion on my first saiga today, and I am looking at the different forend/handguard options. I came across the Chaos rail system and I was wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with it.

I got the rear section in the mail and it is surprisingly well made.  unlike the other options out there this rail does not replace the rear sight ....  as soon as the red dot arrives I plan to type up a review and test out how well this holds zero.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:31:23 AM EDT
[#1]
If you search the Saiga-12 forum you will find plenty of information, it is THE place for all things S12

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/59441-buyers-guide-which-rail-system-should-you-choose/?hl=chaos

I don't use the Chaos but there are a number of positive comments in that thread.

Z
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:02:31 AM EDT
[#2]
As Zen said. I'm just confused as to where the pics are.....
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:03:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As Zen said. I'm just confused as to where the pics are.....
View Quote

How could I have forgotten a cardinal rule of the internet...
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 11:01:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I like mine, although it's not small around the barrel/gas tube.  Surprisingly lighter than I'd have expected, based on the bulk.

The only part of mounting it to the S12 that was a pain was removing the factory "sight".

Link Posted: 12/16/2013 4:21:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Most of the ones I have put on I had to cut the rear sight out of the "dovetail". Work really well, just make sure you have some blue Locktight for all the little set screws.
Link Posted: 12/16/2013 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Most of the ones I have put on I had to cut the rear sight out of the "dovetail". Work really well, just make sure you have some blue Locktight for all the little set screws.
View Quote
Yep, I had to do that with mine.

Link Posted: 12/20/2013 7:12:46 PM EDT
[#7]

I've owned both the chaos and the Midwest  handguard if I had to do it again is go with the Midwest (it bolts to the barrel so you don't need a handguard retainer)
It has the option of cowitnesed red dots if Ur into that plus its 1 oz lighter.
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 7:16:00 PM EDT
[#8]
No expieriance with but has good reviews
http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/mobile/Product.aspx?id=37951
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 12:58:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the Midwest Ind also and would recomend it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 10:37:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks to a generous donation from Santa I have gone with the Chaos......primarily because of the matching rear system soon to be released. I think it looks and feels awesome
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top