Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2013 5:36:56 PM EDT
Just ordered a new stock today for my 54R VEPR. Pretty cool looking plus it is designed for the slant cut receivers and includes a pistol grip. This is the first time I have seen this stock available. Hopefully the scorpion recoil system helps with the recoil.

http://www.molot-usa.com/product_info.php/cPath/25/products_id/41

I also ordered the Carolina Shooters Supply AR slotted Handguard to go with the stock.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-1368/Saiga-rifle-forearm-Ar/Detail?sfs=1930c534

Next on the list is a FCG and flash hider. Ill post pics when I finish.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 2:15:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I received the CSS slotted hand guard and noticed it didn't have a step on the rear tab and the bottom hole didn't align with the stock hole. Called CSS and explained my issue and come to find out they accidentally sent me the wrong hand guard. Great customer support though. They sent me the right hand guard within 15 minutes. Now it fits great. Had to use the included adapter to clamp to the barrel as usual. Feels really solid.
The ATI stock fits great too and was a breeze to install. The so called recoil system is just a rubber butt plate.
Anyways here is a pic.
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s564/striknine/0CF29C0E-3C05-4902-9EDC-7325D88B79C0-15052-00000369F8EC37E0_zps81d939c7.jpg
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 3:04:33 PM EDT
[#2]
You guys need to stop putting those disgusting bubba stocks on those glorious Russian rifles. Seriously.
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 5:02:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You guys need to stop putting those disgusting bubba stocks on those glorious Russian rifles. Seriously.

Will do, as soon as you make a conventional looking wood stock (non-thumbhole) for the slanted-rear Vepr and put it on the market for the thousands of Vepr owners. Srsly. I have my CC in hand, waiting on your no-doubt awesome solution.

Link Posted: 4/12/2013 5:03:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I received the CSS slotted hand guard and noticed it didn't have a step on the rear tab and the bottom hole didn't align with the stock hole. Called CSS and explained my issue and come to find out they accidentally sent me the wrong hand guard. Great customer support though. They sent me the right hand guard within 15 minutes. Now it fits great. Had to use the included adapter to clamp to the barrel as usual. Feels really solid.
The ATI stock fits great too and was a breeze to install. The so called recoil system is just a rubber butt plate.
Anyways here is a pic.
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s564/striknine/0CF29C0E-3C05-4902-9EDC-7325D88B79C0-15052-00000369F8EC37E0_zps81d939c7.jpg

Nice work! Looks like that ATI stock fits nice and tight and flush with the slant?

Link Posted: 4/12/2013 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Will do, as soon as you make a conventional looking wood stock (non-thumbhole) for the slanted-rear Vepr and put it on the market for the thousands of Vepr owners. Srsly. I have my CC in hand, waiting on your no-doubt awesome solution.

Matt from Ironwood Designs posted this in another forum:

"Also posted below is our new AKM butt stock for VEPR angle cut. No need
for an adapter as the stock fits the receiver as it sits.

Part shown
was an earlier test cut, and does not show the pistol grip relief cut,
and does not show the sides of the front of the stock

trimmed down, closer to the receiver side surfaces.

This
new AKM VEPR butt stock can be ordered at any time. We have yet to post
it on the site, as I am waiting to do large scale site additions

after
we have new, better pics. We will also be working on a std. AKM lower
hand guard for VEPR, as I am aware of a lower HG conversion retaining

cap, so hang tight for those parts as well."

The pics he posted:

Not my thing, but someone else might find it appealing.

Link Posted: 4/13/2013 11:06:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Matt from Ironwood Designs posted this in another forum:

"Also posted below is our new AKM butt stock for VEPR angle cut. No need for an adapter as the stock fits the receiver as it sits.
Part shown was an earlier test cut, and does not show the pistol grip relief cut, and does not show the sides of the front of the stock
trimmed down, closer to the receiver side surfaces.

This new AKM VEPR butt stock can be ordered at any time. We have yet to post it on the site, as I am waiting to do large scale site additions
after we have new, better pics. We will also be working on a std. AKM lower hand guard for VEPR, as I am aware of a lower HG conversion retaining
cap, so hang tight for those parts as well."

The pics he posted:

http://www.ironwooddesigns.com/IWDRD_files/DSC03786.jpg

http://www.ironwooddesigns.com/IWDRD_files/DSC03785.jpg

Not my thing, but someone else might find it appealing.

Thanks LM and halleluja too, 'bout time....but now that you mention it, i'm all set on my Vepr's too....tempting though for the .308....but I know there are some folks out there that will really welcome that kind of stock.

ETA: E-mailed Matt, something that according to his site currently is NOT recommended, lol, so taking my chances there, but the stock intrigues me, Ironwood certainly makes some nice stuff, was thinking of maybe trying the stock pictured, with a conventional grip (possibly wood as well), and instead of going with a conventional AK handguard set-up, using his SVD handguard instead, I think that would make for a great looking rifle. If he responds and the price is within my means, i'll give it a try and post pics/review once it is done.

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top