Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/15/2012 12:06:20 PM EDT
New product to me. Ordered one for 7,62 project.
link
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 1:20:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Good to know they made it able to drop in. I had to do some filing and dremel the hole. Pros: able to mount a bipod and accessories. Cons: poor ventilation. I'm looking for the one with vent holes now.

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 1:30:13 PM EDT
[#2]
looks very nice!
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 3:23:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
looks very nice!

thank you!. I still waiting for a posp 4x24 1,000m range finder Hopefully get it tomorrow!
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 3:51:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Nice looking front rail.. Seeing this has me now debating on what to purchase. I was originally looking at the Damage Industries aluminum rail that is going to be released soon for the Veprs but this is cool $90 cheaper!
I may just hold off on the Damage rail for my Vepr-12 that I will soon be purchasing instead and grab one of these for my sons 7.62 that I am converting.

Questions:

You say you are looking for one with vent holes? From SGM or another brand? I ask because I went to SGMs website and none of the rail pictures are working and curious to see what they look like if there is a different version with more cooling holes.
Anyways, regarding the one you are running now: Do you have heat issues? If so how bad is it, lets say after a 10 round rapid shot? Tolerable?

Thanks

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 7:51:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Nice looking front rail.. Seeing this has me now debating on what to purchase. I was originally looking at the Damage Industries aluminum rail that is going to be released soon for the Veprs but this is cool $90 cheaper!
I may just hold off on the Damage rail for my Vepr-12 that I will soon be purchasing instead and grab one of these for my sons 7.62 that I am converting.

Questions:

You say you are looking for one with vent holes? From SGM or another brand? I ask because I went to SGMs website and none of the rail pictures are working and curious to see what they look like if there is a different version with more cooling holes.
Anyways, regarding the one you are running now: Do you have heat issues? If so how bad is it, lets say after a 10 round rapid shot? Tolerable?

Thanks

The CSS handguard is what I've been wanting because It has lot of ventilation and really seems like keeps the barrel cooler. But I was afraid that I had to dremel a hole on the rear of receiver and use a screw to hold it in place. I just don't want to touch the receiver just for that. But I believe they made it to just drop in now. You can see the CSS handguard in this Thread .     Midwest industries has one for VEPR's but that thing seems heavy and expensive as hell. The reason I went with the SGM is because I already spent money trying to make the VEPR compliance and the handguard was the last thing I needed so I went with a cheaper one. I just finished the compliance parts this week but I'll go tomorrow to the range and I can let you know about the heat but since I'll be using this rifle for precision, I'm not into a rapid shoots                  
mrigr

EDIT: went very early in the morning and I didn't feel the heat at all so these SGM are gtg.  The only thing is that I went there without eating anything and I didn't expect to much smell from the corrosive ammo and the muzzle brake is very very loud. These combined gave me migraine very bad. I might change the muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 2:03:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Just got this rail. Feels like solid metal. Weight 0.65 lb
Tomorrow I'll experiment with 308 and x39 veprs to see which rifle is more sexy with this forend.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey guys, I just received the SGM Tri-Rail for the Vepr and now have a slight issue, the bolt that was used with the original wood front guard cannot be used with this rail.. what size screw did you fellas use or did you just cut the original screw to fit?

Link Posted: 11/29/2012 5:46:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I had these spare screws laying around but I dont remember which size I used.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-236/Folding-mechanism-for-Saiga/Detail
or
http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-490/SAIGA-STOCK-TROMIX-ACE/Detail
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 5:53:35 PM EDT
[#9]
If you use the oval washer that came off the factory stock, you can use the factory screw, at least until you get another. Next easiest is to just to cut it. I got one of the 20 gauge saiga models like some others did right before the vepr model came out, had to drill a fresh hole, and i dremel'ed the inside anyway to allow the rail to suck up tight enough to actually level the rail with the barrel.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 6:11:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the replies, I will pick up a couple 10-32 screws tomorrow and see how they fit.. worst case I will just cut the fugger.

Link Posted: 11/30/2012 9:35:24 AM EDT
[#11]
FYI.. They are an odd size.. you may end up cutting it.. someone else said 5 or 5.5mm x ??
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top