Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2011 2:15:04 PM EDT
Stamped steel 20 round magazine for the .308, its in beta testing. Looks like you can volunteer for testing one.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/66556-stamped-steel-vepr-308-magazine-prototype-testers-needed/

If the link has you worried, go to saiga-12 fourm, then to the 'other AKs' sub fourm.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/csspecs/th_PICT0040.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/csspecs/th_PICT0031-1.jpg
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 6:28:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump, because I want you to make stamped, curved 20rd mags for the S308.
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 6:38:05 PM EDT
[#2]
so what's the difference between the Saiga and Vepr mags? A .308 is in the crosshairs for me....
Link Posted: 6/17/2011 9:58:47 AM EDT
[#3]
The vepr magazine is shorter front to back. The vepr's front tab sits higher and functions as a bullet guide.

The Saiga bolt sits to low and barrel is to close for the magazine to have a built in bullet guide, rather it uses a different principle to force the rounds to rise as they exit the magazine.

The magazines are dimensionally different in almost every respect.

The rifles themselves, the vepr is better built in almost every way; the action is smoother, receiver is thicker, bolt has a larger third lug.... But the Vepr is almost $300 more.

Just a note, the vepr and the super vepr in .308 use the same magazines. Whereas the saiga and saiga-100 use totally different magazines (I'm working on the saiga-100 magazines as there is not current replacement).
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 5:56:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Why did you do the redesign and what are the differences?
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:47:25 PM EDT
[#5]
The redesign was partly to improve appearance. And they have fewer parts to make, and take less time.
They weigh less, seams are front and back and are off set to avoid making a sharp corner.
The ribs make the magazine body very rigid for the weight.

Nothing huge, but a lot of little things that add up.

The only thing we have found, they may not work the best with really short OAL reloads. For that go with our old style magazines.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 7:48:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I'll wait for your new ones.
Link Posted: 7/15/2011 12:46:42 PM EDT
[#7]
They are available now, and are compatible with the new imports... However you have to comply with 922r, (replace trigger group with an RSA and your good to go).
Link Posted: 7/30/2011 6:30:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought a couple of Cspecs original mags last year and posted a detailed review on this forum. I was impressed with the originals and will be purchasing some of the new style. Having a .308 was once a real negative due to the high cost of the factory mags. However, with the ingenuity of Mike and Cspecs, the mags are affordable and reliable. 20 rounders were never available for the .308 until his company developed them.
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 4:56:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 6:43:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Csspecs , has the price changed with the new design ? We hope to see a nice shipment of Russian Vepr  .308 rifles in October - November timeframe. We did jsut get in some Vepr 762x54R rifles and customers are dying for a higher capacity mag are you interested in possibly making one ?

New design is right about the same cost as the previous model. They are still expensive to make.

We are interested in making the 7.62x54r just have a few projects ahead of it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 4:33:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top