Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/28/2010 8:14:46 PM EDT
Anybody know the scoop on Red Jacket firearms? I'm thinking of ordering one of their rj132
Link Posted: 4/29/2010 6:45:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Red Jacket is outstanding. I've had three different builds by Will, he does quality work. Buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 5/1/2010 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#2]
They are not as good as ARSENAL
Link Posted: 5/1/2010 8:08:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I second that.

I'd just get one of the arsenal converted saigas myself.
Link Posted: 5/6/2010 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#4]
never heard anything bad about  Red Jacket firearms.  Pretty good crew, they almost got their own reality show, but all they did was work (to boring for TV).  google saiga 12 forums.  that website rocks on info about the saiga comversions and who are good at them.
Link Posted: 5/6/2010 6:58:27 PM EDT
[#5]
They do a good basic conversion but my experience with having them do a non-standard conversion left me lacking.

They do have awesome CS though!
Link Posted: 5/6/2010 7:09:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Are you kidding?  You're comparing a mass produced high priced gun to a custom built firearm.  Will (Red Jacket) does great work and will stand by his products if they are not exactly what you want.  Both are gtg...if you can get an Arsenal without canted sights.

Red Jacket 8" and 12.5" Saiga-12s

Arsenal 107UR and 107CR

Link Posted: 5/7/2010 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you kidding?  You're comparing a mass produced high priced gun to a custom built firearm.  Will (Red Jacket) does great work and will stand by his products if they are not exactly what you want.  Both are gtg...if you can get an Arsenal without canted sights.

Red Jacket 8" and 12.5" Saiga-12s

http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac180/AssSupt/saiga/P1070452.jpg

Arsenal 107UR and 107CR

http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac180/AssSupt/saiga/P1060714.jpg

Your rifles look very nice. Red Jacket did a very good job on them.

Unfortunately I didn't have as good of results as you. Will did end up making it right but I really didn't like having to send the rifle back to be reworked after waiting 6 months to have a conversion done.

Link Posted: 5/7/2010 6:25:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Unfortunately I didn't have as good of results as you. Will did end up making it right but I really didn't like having to send the rifle back to be reworked after waiting 6 months to have a conversion done.

Funny, I had the same experience with Arsenal.  However, they didn't take a half year to get it back in my hands.  I did have to pay shipping to get it to them.  Sucks that two of the three Arsenal AKs I have came with canted front sights.

Link Posted: 5/7/2010 7:25:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny, I had the same experience with Arsenal.  However, they didn't take a half year to get it back in my hands.  I did have to pay shipping to get it to them.  Sucks that two of the three Arsenal AKs I have came with canted front sights.

So it's safe to say that they both have occasional QC problems at time. You experienced Arsenal's, I got Red Jackets.

Good info to know either way. We can't just post all of the good. What use would that be, huh?

Link Posted: 5/10/2010 2:32:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I've had 3 conversions done by them. One full and the other two just the front end work. The common sentiment on Saiga12.com and the Ak forums is that Red Jacket is to Saiga rifle conversions what Tromix is to the S12. Not to mention their OTB thinking on some of their custom/concept work. They warranty all their stuff and will fix it if something isn't right. Besides their prices are down right reasonable compared to some of the other guys who do lesser work and with out RJ good CS.
Link Posted: 5/10/2010 8:50:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Good guys, good work, generally a long wait.......
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#12]
+2 on Arsenal.
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 6:43:24 PM EDT
[#13]
I like the Arsenals personally. Never tried Red Jacket's stuff. Their "flair" on their custom builds just doesn't talk to me. I've heard nothing bad about their work though.
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I haven't had any experience with Red Jacket: however, I have had experience with Arsenal. I purchased a NIB SLR 107FR a few years ago on GA. Upon inspection of the weapon I found the front sight severely canted. The finish on the rifle was chipping. I contacted the dealer & he agreed to switch the rifle. The only Arsenal he had in stock was this CR. A few weeks later I received the NIB CR. The pictures are below. The canting on the front sight wasn't as noticeable as the FR's  but nonetheless it was canted. Certain sections inside the rifle were rusted & the finish was chipping. I called Arsenal & was told by the rep that these were cosmetic & weren't covered by the Arsenal warranty. This brings me to my next point. Whatever product you choose make sure the builder warrants the work. Read Arsenal's warranty & then read Red Jacket's warranty.
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i345/mrfuninthesun/100_2398.jpg
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i345/mrfuninthesun/CR4.jpg
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i345/mrfuninthesun/CR3.jpg
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i345/mrfuninthesun/CR2.jpg
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i345/mrfuninthesun/CR.jpg
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 8:41:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Red Jacket just converted my Maadi ARM to a Khyber Pass.  Fucking awesome!  

And, here's my Saiga 7.62x39  that was converted (way back before the Arsenal conversions) to a folding AK103 style.  And a Yugo m92 Krink build.  Both fucking awesome! The only think that I didn't like was the trigger guard on the 103.  I should have sent a more traditional squared off TG for him to use on it (but I totally forgot about that). I don't think it looks good when Saiga TGs are reused... but.

Link Posted: 3/5/2011 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I called them three times now about suppressing my IZ-108 and received three different answers.  When I called on tuesday I was told it would cost 2k to integrally suppress my Saiga even though I'm sending it to them.  I'm thinking..................really?  Their titanium 7.62 can is like a grand cheaper.  Can anyone explain?
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 6:26:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top