Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2017 7:05:18 PM EDT
While shooting the trigger pin keeps coming out. Any fix for this?

Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:08:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:10:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:17:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Get a Retainer Plate.  

Seriously!!!

They are dirt cheap (about $5.00) & make taking fire control in or out a 1 minute easy process...

The hammer and trigger pins of a Romanian AK (& Most other "stock" guns) are held by the sheppards hook spring and it is very easy for it to be installed incorrectly and or miss the retaining grooves to hold the pins in the proper place.

I'd 99% guess that someone at one time took out your shepards hook and didn't reinstall it correctly...

Just skip the drama and trama and get a plate...  You'll be SO thankful you did...
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:40:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I install anti-walk pins in my rifles (have seen them somewhere for $8 for a set of two including allen wrenches), and further I take the length of them down on a stone so that they're exactly as long as the receiver is wide so that when I tighten them down with a dab of blue loctite under the screw heads they function as anti-rotate pins too.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 8:12:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Usually that means the Shepherd's hook either jumped out of the groove, or is installed incorrectly. Check inside and see where it is. You can replace it with a different (better) pin retention plate, Tapco makes a good one believe it or not. You can also use an E clip or C clip in its place, you'll just need a second one for the hammer pin.
View Quote
Do you know what size clips will fit an M92? Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 9:57:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Get a Retainer Plate.  

Seriously!!!

They are dirt cheap (about $5.00) & make taking fire control in or out a 1 minute easy process...

The hammer and trigger pins of a Romanian AK (& Most other "stock" guns) are held by the sheppards hook spring and it is very easy for it to be installed incorrectly and or miss the retaining grooves to hold the pins in the proper place.

I'd 99% guess that someone at one time took out your shepards hook and didn't reinstall it correctly...

Just skip the drama and trama and get a plate...  You'll be SO thankful you did...
View Quote
Where can I get one? This is my first AK, I shot about 60rds through it today on on the last round I went to cycle the bolt to make sure it was empty and it wouldn't go all the way back I look at the rifle and the trigger was up inside the rifle. I have it all back together but the pin still seems like it will back it's way out pretty easy again.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 11:42:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 9:57:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I think it has standard pins, not too sure though. I wanted to get the retainer plate but I'd need to remove the whole FCG to install it because the safety won't just swing out.
Thanks for the info! I'm gonna buy some clips later on today because my pins seem to move a little while cycling. I can push them in just a bit and it bothers me. The Shepard's hook holds them in place but it still bugs me to push them in a bit after cycling.

Quoted:

An M92 will have standard size axis pins, right? The pins should be metric but regular 3/16" or 7/32" e-clips from your local hardware store should work fine. A Tapco (or DDI or other) retainer plate is less than $10 and is easier to R&R if necessary, but the E-clips are inexpensive and available locally.

You can also get them super cheap online:
https://www.cncwarrior.com/3-16-Retaining-Ring-E-clips-10pak-p/22963.htm

Here's the retainer plate:
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/114844/tapco-hammer-and-trigger-pin-retainer-plate-ak-47-steel-blue
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:59:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Hairpin cotter pins work well.(Not the actual ones but the Stainless steel industrial variety.) I don't what size would be needed.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top