Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/21/2016 10:42:03 AM EDT
I already have a nice classic ak but I want a ak47 alpha clone

Thoughs?

Thanks Max
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 10:56:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I have four AKs. Two of them have rails, optics, etc. The other two I leave classic. It's whatever you want to spend and what you want to do with it really. My most recent addition was adding the MI sight rail and Primary Arms micro RDS to my SLR107. I'm leaving the rest of it stock.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 4:00:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the half modern/classic look. Wood lower with ultimak. With the top rail , mount rds, and offset light mount. Boom all you need. 7.62 ak's dont need vert grips, bitch to do mag changes, unless you cut it down.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 12:22:19 PM EDT
[#3]
If it has the side rail, I would mount a RS regulate mount with red dot and call it good.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 11:22:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I would say do what you want as long as you can put it back to original condition if you ever decide to sell. Lots of people try to sell their tacti-cool tricked out rifles and it never works out well monetarily. A SAR-1 is worth about $700. A Sar-1 with a bunch a rails and crap is worth about $700.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 10:27:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Leave it original.  If you want another AR, buy one.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 12:29:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I would spend the money on a god red dot and mount, not just stuff to make it look different. Thats just me...
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 9:03:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I kept my SAR-1 "original"...

The Romanian Red Laminated Furniture just looks right on "The Peoples Gun"...

I just threaded the muzzle for a slant brake and then added the dentent and spring to retain it.

If you are building a Saiga or other non-standard AK, I'd say that is a better option to go wild...
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 10:08:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Do what makes you happy and that serves the purpose you want it to serve. With that said, I bought the SGL21, a while ago, with rails for the more modern application and my SAR1 serves as the traditionalist, AKM look. Something about the 'ol SAR that I just wanted to preserve the look and feel of old school com block AK glory. Whichever you choose I'm sure there's no wrong answer.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 8:20:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the input
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 11:47:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Leave it original.  If you want another AR, buy one.
View Quote
This.  GARY
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top