Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/3/2016 11:57:44 AM EDT
this is my trusty old 2004 wasr. It is actually my favorite shooter so I wanted to change it up some. Here are the before and after shots:
</a>" />
</a>" /></a>" />
</a>" />

what do yall think? should I add the magpul lower hand guard or leave the wood?
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 7:46:57 PM EDT
[#1]
IMO the magpul lower handguard would go with the stock better.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 8:24:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I like it...!
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 3:06:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IMO the magpul lower handguard would go with the stock better.
View Quote

Yah, I'm still deciding. I really don't like the magpul lower handguard. I just thought the wood would go well with the Bakelite. I really love the feel of the Bakelite pistol grip in my hand. What sucks is that being a 2004 model the threads were milled off so I do t know how I would put a slant break on it, I love the look of the slant.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 4:00:46 PM EDT
[#4]
My wasr is a 2004 also and I found that a standard 14x1lh slant brake will slip over the muzzle with just a tiny bit of resistance.
Slipped it on and tack welded it,good to go
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:10:55 PM EDT
[#5]
There are new production Polish Ak74 type handguard available from several suppliers like apex and Robert RTG,  good alternative to what's on there if you want full poly but no Magpul.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 9:47:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I did not know that. I'll check them out.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 3:54:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 10:57:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks great. Leave it just like that.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 10:49:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is that vented handguard plastic? Never seen one of those before. Seen plenty of the stamped metal ones though.
View Quote

It is plastic. It came with the magpul standard length handguard. It was my favorite thing about the MOE handguard. I wanted to keep the wood lower because I really like the Bakelite pistol grip and I felt like it would look weird with all black then a Bakelite pistol grip. Today i lightly went over the gun with a scotch brite pad and kind of hit the high spots to make it look like it had some wear on the finish. I'll add some pics later.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top