Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2016 1:35:46 AM EDT
As the title states, I just purchased my first AK. I am a long time AR guy and wanted to try a new platform. I took my Draco out and burned the factory grease off, cNt wipe the smile off my face, what is the next logical step? Muzzle device? Drag it behind my jeep? Buy more ammo, etc???

What would you recommend if you were in these shoes??
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 1:41:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
As the title states, I just purchased my first AK. I am a long time AR guy and wanted to try a new platform. I took my Draco out and burned the factory grease off, cNt wipe the smile off my face, what is the next logical step? Muzzle device? Drag it behind my jeep? Buy more ammo, etc???

View Quote

SBR it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 1:41:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 1:46:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I should have figured "SBR!" was next on the list! No form 1 in WA yet, can't bring myself to send this thing out of state to do a form 4!

Arm brace and Terminator stance will have to work!!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 2:04:04 AM EDT
[#4]
get one of these for a single point sling:

draco sling bracket
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 2:11:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
get one of these for a single point sling:

draco sling bracket
View Quote

Dude,

Very cool, thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:12:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I should have figured "SBR!" was next on the list! No form 1 in WA yet, can't bring myself to send this thing out of state to do a form 4!

View Quote

You could pin/weld a CNC barrel extension on it, then drill/tap rear trunnion and add a hinge and stock of your choice.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:42:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I never liked those drill and tap stocks. it just seems cheap and to much like cutting corners to me. YMMV.

I'd pin and weld a muzzle extension and have either a triangle folder or fixed rear trunnion installed. When the form 1 is possible, do that and grind the weld off.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:39:21 AM EDT
[#8]
If I were to go the SBR route I think I would have the trunnion swapped. I say that without any idea what that costs....
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I put an Echo 93 V4QD on mine with a surplus Romanian sling, it helps with stability and I'd prefer not to pay the liberty-fine to the ATF so I can SBR it.
I'm shopping for muzzle brakes at the moment. I'm not quite sure which way to take that since this is my in-the-car gun, a good brake would hurt more than just the target
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 12:31:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

form 1 should be availble again soon here in WA, any fuckery by the governor nonwithstanding.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 11:50:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

SBR it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SBR it.

This.

Also, polish the trigger and then try to tame that beast.  

The previous owner of mine polished the trigger and holy shit that thing is a hell of a ride.  

Damage Industries has a cool brake for it that I like, that will make you very unpopular at the range

http://damageindustries.co/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_121_78&product_id=115

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top