Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/12/2016 6:03:39 PM EDT
I was looking at putting on the zhukov stock and handguard on my wasr and was wondering if anyone has had any issues or tips for installing. Thanks for any help
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:07:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Zhukov HG requires chopping HG retainer.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:14:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Is that chopping down the sling loop on the hg retainer?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:44:24 AM EDT
[#3]
The Zhukov-S (folder) went on my WASR perfectly. I stayed with the tradition black plastic handguards though.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:52:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok I found on YouTube the removal of the hg retainer. I got a dremel so it shouldn't be a big deal.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:31:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I added the Zhukov stock and AKM HG's to a pair of Romanian M10's. No complications.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 12:58:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Done and really like it, now onto getting the Primary Arms ACSS scope done.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 12:37:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Love the zhukov-s on my romak. Fit like a glove and is solid as a rock. Also put a magpul grip, set of MOE akm handguards on it because I didn't wanna chop up my hg retainer, and an ultimak mount on it. If you're an AK purist you'll cringe at the look of the gun set up this way but from an operational stand point it increases the comfort and makes the dated platform much more user friendly. Never been happier with it. Magpul really outdid themselves on this stuff.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 10:04:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I recently did mine with the Zhukov furniture:

MAGPUL Zhukov-S Stock
MAGPUL Zhukov Handguard
MAGPUL MOE AK+ Grip
MAGPUL  AK PMAGs
Tapco G2 Trigger
Krebs Custom Trigger Pin Retainer Plate
Tapco Intrafuse Slot Muzzle Break
UltiMAK
Primary Arms Red Dot
Blue Force Gear Sling
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 1:20:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I put the Zhukov stock and MOE handguard on my WASR. Had to file a small teeny tiny itty bitty amount on the MOE handguard to get it to fit in the receiver.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 8:25:15 PM EDT
[#10]
OK I know this is a old topic but just wanted to give a quick update:
Finally got to the range with the new set up and the Primary Arms 4x scope mounted in the RS ak300 mount. Quick review of all the new stuff on the WASR:
First the magpul furniture worked great being able to adjust the stock really made a difference especially with sighting down the scope and the hand guard makes gripping the rifle much more stable. The scope really was impressive, once sighted in the acss type sight was easy to use and the 4x power is seemed perfect for most ranges I will at: mostly 50, 100 and once and a while 200 yards. The sight is quick to acquire targets at least at 50 yards out. Primary arms has a pretty easy to use instruction sheet that explains zero in and the ranging system and wind hold over dots. DISCLAIMER: The range was really windy today, more so than normal and couldnt get a really good zero but good enough for the day, and my targets blew off the so I couldnt get pics of the targets. On the steel targets once dialed in it was quick and easy to ping them at 50 yards. Also impressed with the RS mounts ak300 with the acog mount.

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:09:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I was looking at putting on the zhukov stock and handguard on my wasr and was wondering if anyone has had any issues or tips for installing. Thanks for any help
View Quote

I installed the Zhukov stock on my WASR and very much like it. However, I installed a standard black poly lower handguard and an Ultimak optics mount. I am not interested in chopping off original parts of a rifle in order to install a plastic handguard, regardless of who makes it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:49:40 PM EDT
[#12]
firemed13:  I am looking at doing a very similar setup and already have the Zhukov stock.  With the RS mount and PA 4x scope, is the scope low enough to get a good cheek weld?  I have the MOE riser attachments but am concerned, even with those, it might be too high just due to the geometry of the AK.  Thanks,
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:53:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't have the riser for the stock and have no problem lining up on the scope. But everybody is different and my eye lines up with sight really well. Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 11:07:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks great.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top