Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2015 11:25:47 PM EDT
Hi guys . Its been 25 years since I have owned an ak and lately I have been getting an itch to add one to my collection so today I picked up a new wasr - 10 . it came with two magazines a cleaning kit and sling . I checked the sights to make sure the front sight wasnt canted  , everything else looked good . I have a question and please forgive my ignorance but what size are the threads on the muzzle and has anybody ever run a yhm phantom on one ?
I would assume the rules here are the same as the ar side pics or the post is B.S. so here is a picture .

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:28:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice!
14x1lh, I believe they make a phantom in that thread pattern.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:21:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice!
14x1lh, I believe they make a phantom in that thread pattern.
View Quote

thanks I have the one that uses Q.D. adapters . I will check them out and see . I have adaptors for 1/2 x 28 and 58/24  I knew they were lft hand thread but wasnt sure of the pitch .
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:06:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Make sure the threads are concentric before shooting it through a can.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:49:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I put a PWC FSC47 on my WASR and it works great.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:47:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice Ak.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:02:01 PM EDT
[#6]
hey guys thanks for all the info and comments , like I said its been 25 years since I owned an ak so I am a bit green about the latest and greatest . I just kept looking at all my guns and thinking something is missing. I stopped at the farm store to buy some chicken and rabbit feed and walked over to the gun section and saw the rifle in the picture and said this is whats missing .

thanks again
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 11:46:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I put a PWC FSC47 on my WASR and it works great.
View Quote

I second the FSC47... works great on my WASR.
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 11:44:42 PM EDT
[#8]
The wood furniture looks pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 2:20:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Not to hijack the OP's thread yet I think we have twins. My WASR came in today. Fuck yeah!!!!

Link Posted: 1/10/2016 10:07:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not to hijack the OP's thread yet I think we have twins. My WASR came in today. Fuck yeah!!!!

<a href="http://s161.photobucket.com/user/NoEffects6/media/IMG_1281_zpswavjvtvn.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t226/NoEffects6/IMG_1281_zpswavjvtvn.jpg</a>
View Quote

nice . I have been very happy with mine so far . I hope yours works out good for you.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 3:06:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

nice . I have been very happy with mine so far . I hope yours works out good for you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s161.photobucket.com/user/NoEffects6/media/IMG_1281_zpswavjvtvn.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t226/NoEffects6/IMG_1281_zpswavjvtvn.jpg</a>

Me too! Mine arrived last Tuesday. Now I just need some time to clean it go to the range!
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 10:32:31 PM EDT
[#12]
CNC Warrior is a great place to check for muzzle accessories. How is the magazine fitment in your WASR?
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:14:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I only have 2 mag-pul mags and a 10 shot what ever kind academy sells all 3 are tight . I am going to order an adaptor from yhm to use my 7.62 yhm phantom .
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 5:39:21 PM EDT
[#14]
My new production wasr magwell was too tight for some surplus metal mags, had to file it out a bit.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 10:55:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I really dig the wood furniture. Looks like they got that right, compared to the garbage wood mine came with.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 2:10:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I really dig the wood furniture. Looks like they got that right, compared to the garbage wood mine came with.
View Quote

Your gonna call me nuts but I actually purchased a set of the older WASR furniture. I like the look of the older yet still undecided if I should remove the Blonde furniture, it's nice as well.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Your gonna call me nuts but I actually purchased a set of the older WASR furniture. I like the look of the older yet still undecided if I should remove the Blonde furniture, it's nice as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I stained my brand new (blonde) wood...

Link Posted: 1/22/2016 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#18]
^^that came out really nice!
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#19]

http://i.imgur.com/nm3808E.jpg
View Quote

Care to share how you did it? That looks great!

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 10:49:32 AM EDT
[#20]

This is how my blonde wood turned out.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 11:24:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Wow the pics posted look really nice!

How would you rate the mag fit? Can we see some closeups of the opening and with a mag inserted?

How much are they going for nowadays?

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 2:00:06 PM EDT
[#22]
That's some pretty clean wood for a WASR, it almost looks Bulgarian.

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 2:20:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That's some pretty clean wood for a WASR, it almost looks Bulgarian.

View Quote

They quit using the laminated plywood a couple years ago ya know, solid wood stocks now, beech I believe.

I have two, this one just finished with uncolored Formby's "tung oil" finish (not pure tung oil):

And another that I just used Kiwi Cordovan paste wax on:

- OS
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#24]
You can find them around $600.

Quoted:
Can we see some closeups of the opening and with a mag inserted?
View Quote

Polish MilSurp

Magpul MOE

ETA: Tapco Fakelite
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:44:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Wow that looks good! I will have to look at them next time I am at a gunshow. Was considering building a X39 AR upper as a backup but cost and availability of parts is a hurdle. The bolt and mags is the biggest concern.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 9:56:26 PM EDT
[#26]
I had considered building a x 39 but got side tracked and got into the 300 blackout . I finally got back around to the  7.62 x 39  and decided to go ak for the win.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 4:32:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/nm3808E.jpg

Care to share how you did it? That looks great!

Thanks!

• Citristrip the original wood, clean the citristrip off

• Bleach(I did like 40/60 bleach/water) overnight(flip it a few times so it gets full coverage)

• Sand - not much, wood is in good shape already

• Stain - I used Dark Walnut Minwax, only one coat

• Finish - I used Watco Danish Oil, something like 6 coats

At this point, you can use a finishing wax, and get it satin or glossy depending on how you polish it. I did not do this, my wood is quite matte.

Link Posted: 1/26/2016 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#28]
^^^Thanks
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top