Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/21/2015 5:52:00 PM EDT
I picked this up in a trade and have no idea what to look for or the value. It came with one bakelight 30rd mag and is chambered in 5.56.

I applied the basics from a regular AK to determine if it was good so, I could be missing something.

I am mainly looking for a value and if it is worth keeping or moving it on.

thnx!

Link Posted: 11/21/2015 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Good condition? Maybe 600-650 also brace for the lock.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 10:34:40 PM EDT
[#2]
they are nice guns.. with two things.. one replace the trigger/hammer with a red star to prevent the penning of the bolt.

two look for west german weiger mags.. These are the only ones i got to work in my sar 3 when i owned it.. they will shoot up to a 62gr bullet and pretty accurate for an ak..

anything above that bullet grain is hit and miss due to the twist in the rifling.

Link Posted: 11/21/2015 10:45:15 PM EDT
[#3]
thank you Sir!
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 10:04:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one and its a solid shooter, certainly shoots as well as whatever ammo I put through it.

I actually spent a solid day of effort fitting a Texas AK Design (Canis Design Group) magwell and it runs AR-15 magazines just fine now. Were I to do it again I would just send it off to Definitive arms.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 2:25:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Dump the bakelite mag, it will likely not be reliable. It's a 5.45 mag and probably has one of the Century 5.56 followers, but maybe not.

Correct mags are Weiger or Romanian clones thereof, but they will generally work with Galil mags, Bulgarian Circle-10 or Polish Beryl, and the cheap Promag .223 AK mags.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 2:42:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Had a couple SAR2's  Good platform, reliable shooter.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 3:11:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Is the G2 ok to use in the sar 3?  I have a spare and want to replace the crappy century trigger
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 3:24:05 PM EDT
[#8]
G2 is OK to use but you will most likely need to profile the hammer face to get proper contact on the bolt tail/firing pin. There are lots of posts about it if you google around.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
G2 is OK to use but you will most likely need to profile the hammer face to get proper contact on the bolt tail/firing pin. There are lots of posts about it if you google around.
View Quote

OK Cool....how about the new ALG AKT in this rifle?
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 11:51:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry, I don't know.

In the SAR3 you will want to inspect ANY off the shelf AK FCG as the SAR3 bolt tail has a unique length,  and you want to ensure it gets struck true by the hammer,  or the rifle may FTF
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:11:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is the G2 ok to use in the sar 3?  I have a spare and want to replace the crappy century trigger
View Quote

I have two sar 3's. Buy the red star sar 3 hammer and used the the rest of the g2 trigger parts with no issues. It's important to get the right hammer.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 1:59:30 PM EDT
[#12]
It's one of my favorite guns.

Light, handy, reliable, and surprisingly accurate for an AK (especially if you use good ammo).

You really want to use the E.German Wigger mags though - they are the ones that work (but you'll pay a premium for them).
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top