Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/13/2015 10:47:49 PM EDT
I have a WASR-10 like this:

and want to replace the buttstock with one similar to this:

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement that will match the handguards on my rifle? The correct match may be the buttstock that came on the WASR-2, the one that did not match the handquards. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I think I have one sitting in a box in the garage, it might be the G style though, with the black stripe on the end.  If they are still out there, you should be able to find a furniture kit at Centerfire Systems, KVAR, or several of the other surplus shops.

Are you in DFW by any chance?
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 10:25:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think I have one sitting in a box in the garage, it might be the G style though, with the black stripe on the end.  If they are still out there, you should be able to find a furniture kit at Centerfire Systems, KVAR, or several of the other surplus shops.

Are you in DFW by any chance?
View Quote

I live in El Paso. Good information, curious about the G stock and if that stripe can be removed without messing up the stain.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:41:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Good information, curious about the G stock and if that stripe can be removed without messing up the stain.
View Quote

I also own one of the ban era WASR 10/63's in the PSL/Dragunov type stocks. If the wood on yours is blonde like mine was (has since been stained and polyurethane applied), a Romy G buttstock isn't going to match...even with the stripe removed. The G stocks are a darker amber shellac and they actually dipped the butt end of the stock in black paint. It is possible to strip the finish on the G stock using something like Citristrip, but I'm still not sure if the wood grain and tone will match.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 8:14:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I also own one of the ban era WASR 10/63's in the PSL/Dragunov type stocks. If the wood on yours is blonde like mine was (has since been stained and polyurethane applied), a Romy G buttstock isn't going to match...even with the stripe removed. The G stocks are a darker amber shellac and they actually dipped the butt end of the stock in black paint. It is possible to strip the finish on the G stock using something like Citristrip, but I'm still not sure if the wood grain and tone will match.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Good information, curious about the G stock and if that stripe can be removed without messing up the stain.

I decided to unban it. I got a 1-2x28 slant brake from CNC (just need to take off that barrel nut tack weld and am going to rent tooling) and will replace the furniture all together. I decided that I will get a good side folder whenever one pokes its head up or buy a whole new stock set. Matching the color seems impossible.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:20:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry it took me so long to get back to the thread, that's how life works sometimes.  Okay, good luck with the side-folder.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top