Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/3/2015 9:13:25 AM EDT
Okay I did not have a dowel rod to measure bolt face to muzzle end, I came up short measuring barrel length

Dismissed it as bad eye balling of bolt face with tape measure (was at flea/swap market) it looked short compared to mine, so I borrowed a tape measure from the "tool guy" next table over

So I measured from back of receiver to muzzle....ugh...25.250

Barrel had what looked like factory crown and finish,

Gun has already been sold (private party), I am looking to build an under folder like I saw overseas, is this going to be an issue finding one that will not be too short when an UF is attached?

ETA:also to include a legal 16+inch barrel length, this gun had the ugly stippled/melted crayon markings on it, if you have seen one you know what I mean)

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 4:42:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not aware of OAL being an issue with AKs. So far as I know the OAL is considered to be with stock open.

I would suggest taking a look at the current Polish UF or Yugo UF rifles, but you may have specifically Romanian in mind. Personally I don't like the sharp downward angle on the Romanian UF stocks.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:50:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not aware of OAL being an issue with AKs. So far as I know the OAL is considered to be with stock open..
View Quote

Correct. Federally, OAL is measured to end of stock. With telescoping or folding ones, measured with them at full extension.

And of course TN has nothing to conflict with that.

- OS
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 7:46:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Okay, I was worried about that length, now not so much

Looking to do an AK as truck gun, instead of my AR
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top