Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2015 8:31:08 AM EDT
I am excited to purchase my new WASR. The question is what else should I buy from Atlantic? Like upgrades, accessories, ammo, etc.. I heard a lot of good things about Atlantic and their QC, so I figure they are the best to go with, especially with WASR.

Little background about myself:
I was in the Marine Corps, so I have good experiences with M16. But I wanted to get something different and mess around with, so I pick AK instead.
So I got out and got a job as a firefighter.

With my firefighter's budget, is there any website to get a discount?

Thanks guys for reading,
Jason
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 8:59:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Atlantic is a great place to do business. Look at getting maybe ammo, a better sight, sling, cleaning kits, etc. So many options and there are many vendors who deal with AK's.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 9:11:10 AM EDT
[#2]
ammo
mags
sling
choot it, choot it, choot it
learn the irons and worry about all the tacticool shit later if you want
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 12:58:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I would like to stick with iron sights, I was looking into the rear peep sights.

I been told to install the retainer plate as soon I get it, should I?

I'll take your advice, I'll shoot it as much as I can before changing anything. I like to keep the wood, but the folding stock would be nice.

Thanks for your inputs
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 1:04:18 PM EDT
[#4]
All you need is the rifle and lots of ammo. Don't be surprised if it takes a hundred rounds to break it in..
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 5:35:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Get your tank bro Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 12:03:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I like mine, bought it new in '13, no issues, came out of the box zeroed in at 25 yards with the windage drum dead center of the FSB. I added a KNS cross hair sight but after adding a TRS-25 red dot the sights are just backups for me. Just shoot it for a while and then you'll get an idea of what you want to change. Only accessory I'd recommend right out of the box would be the $10 knockoff of the grenade pad for the stock, adds about an inch of LOP and takes a lot of pressure off your shoulder. I eventually ditched my plywood stock but still use the pad on my triangle stock.

Action is usually rough, that will smooth out in a few hundred rounds, doesn't affect function. There's some good videos out there if you want to take the time to polish the action a bit, but I'd recommend shooting it first before any mods.

As for surplus steel mags any Romanian surplus are my favorite, they're all over but watch this forum for sales on pitted or dented lots. if you want some good 'like new' mags SGAmmo has some Hungarian 30s for $16 each that are the cleanest 'surplus' mags I've bought. But they also run just as well as my $8 'dented' Romys from CDNN after a good cleaning.  

If poly mags are preferred I've had good luck with the new Magpuls and the waffle side Tapco 20s. Tapcos are pretty cheap but I have to file the sides of mine down to fit my WASR. But it's a custom fit, no wobble. Magpuls run about $13 and don't usually require any filing to fit. I've seen slab sided Tapcos as cheap as $6 brand new recently.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Shoot and enjoy!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 6:43:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Help me out here guys,

I have a chance to buy the WASR from Atlantic firearms for $600 with shipping. I was looking through the thread and there's someone saying they bought it from Atlantic on black friday 2014 for $499. And other from J&G for $399, maybe with a drum too, from 2014 black friday.

Should I take my chance to get one now while they have in stock or wait until Nov black friday to get a better deal?

Or just stop being a cheap bastage and buy one already.

Thanks,
Jason

Link Posted: 9/25/2015 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Help me out here guys,

I have a chance to buy the WASR from Atlantic firearms for $600 with shipping. I was looking through the thread and there's someone saying they bought it from Atlantic on black friday 2014 for $499. And other from J&G for $399, maybe with a drum too, from 2014 black friday.

Should I take my chance to get one now while they have in stock or wait until Nov black friday to get a better deal?

Or just stop being a cheap bastage and buy one already.

Thanks,
Jason

View Quote

Go to palemetto state armory and buy the(in stock now):

PSAK-47 Barreled Receiver: $259
PSAK-47 Freedom build kit: $199.99

and there is your AK for $450 plus shipping (not a WASR though)

Link to AK's
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top