Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2015 10:32:26 AM EDT
I picked up a single stack wasr2 this weekend.  It's a single stack currently.  I was thinking of adding the compliance parts and open up the mag well as well as either thread the barrel or replace the site block with a threaded one.  Is there any concerns with misfeeds with the bolt?  I've been out of the ak game for a while but I seem to remember issues lately with yugo with the single stack vs double stack bolt.  Maybe I'm better off just going out and buying a high cap 5.45 rifle.  I just picked this up because the price was right.

Where is a good place to pick up some mags?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:58:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:33:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone?
View Quote

What can we say?

A single stack AK is fine if it pleases you. Folks love SKS's, with 10 rounds and just stripper clips. Only you can say if it's worth the extra bucks or effort to convert.

A few searches for single stack mags isn't real encouraging, and they're kinda pricey if you find them.

- OS

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:14:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess I was looking on opinions whether it's worth converting it or dump it and buy anot her rifle that's already hicap.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 9:04:16 AM EDT
[#4]
If it were a SAR2, I would convert if you could find the proper 22mm FSB. I would skip that effort on a WASR2 other than opening up the mag well as it wouldn't ever be a good clone with the lack of receiver dimples.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 9:31:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Do the Hi Cap conversion. It's really easy. Here are some directions I followed.  WASR Conversion on AK Files
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 1:42:16 AM EDT
[#6]
The new owner can convert it now.  I was going to move forward with converting it but along the way ran into a guy that traded me a S&W model 66 no dash straight up.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:14:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The new owner can convert it now.  I was going to move forward with converting it but along the way ran into a guy that traded me a S&W model 66 no dash straight up.
View Quote

Good trade and a smart move.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 11:52:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I had one and after we used an end mill to open the magwell it wouldn't feed correctly, the magazine catch was to low. I used JB weld to build the mags up underneath the lugs and it worked... The same day a buddy opened up his WASR10 and it was flawless.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:05:53 AM EDT
[#9]
What is the difference between WASR2 And a WASR10 single stack?

Like to know the proper identity of the one I bought, was the old Dunhams single stack years ago cheap on sale for $250 and been debating opening up the mag well with all the mag choices these days.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 10/11/2015 8:49:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What is the difference between WASR2 And a WASR10 single stack?

Like to know the proper identity of the one I bought, was the old Dunhams single stack years ago cheap on sale for $250 and been debating opening up the mag well with all the mag choices these days.

Thanks.

View Quote

Wasr2 is 5.45, wasr 10 is 7.62.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 5:37:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Too late now, but a factory-correct 5.45x39 chrome-lined CHF barrel AK isn't a bad score. Opened mine up, taking it S L O W and easy, and it has been the most reliable AK besides my 7.62 SAIGA.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top