Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/30/2015 8:53:22 PM EDT
YEP!
I just bought my first AK-47. It's a WASR 10 from Century Arms with blond wood furniture.
I also bought some new furniture for it that is the Russian red color. I have been a strict
AR-15kind of guy. A friend of my has an AK and we went shooting at a range close to home
here and he let me try it. LOVE IT !  Had to get one for myself.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:12:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:15:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting. I just bought a couple of Russian SKS rifles for my son and I although he doesn't get his until he passes his firearms training course this coming Sunday. Things are a little different in that regard up here in Canada. Mine was retrofitted with the Tapco Intrafuse upgrade kit, so the wood is gone. It's a great upgrade with the adjustable stock, etc.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:07:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Congrats. I received my Century WASR yesterday, first AK as well.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:26:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had two wasrs. Things to look for:
Canted front sight post, trigger slap, improperly machined extractor.
Also gas piston can be loose.
Check and make sure your numbers match on all your parts as well.
Enjoy:) I've put 20k through the two of them and sold them:)
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to the club!
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:46:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Pics?
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 9:02:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 2:35:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Congrats!  I love my WASR.  I have had half a dozen Saigas in various calibers, Yugo's, IOs, and and several WASRs.  I think they are the best bang for the buck.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top