Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/20/2015 6:28:03 AM EDT
Just purchased a WASR-3...again, to replace the new in box one I sold. Its coming as a barreled receiver. I know WASR-3 bolts and carriers are impossible to find so I am wondering which would work with it. Will the K-Var Bulgy 5.56 bolt and carrier work? Should I just use a 5.45 bolt and carrier. I've been doing searches and I've heard East German and Bulgy should work, but I'd like a more definitive answer before I commit to purchasing something.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 7:22:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I copied and pasted this to my notes about a year ago in the case that I ever needed a bolt:

"I think it was Ekie who wrote that a 5.45 AK-74 bolt can be used, but one of the locking lugs will have to be ground to fit. Sounded like you'd need some machining experience.

I just bought a spare firing pin from K-var and keep it in the buttstock cleaning kit. Replacement springs and an extractor woudn't be a bad idea either."
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 9:50:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I copied and pasted this to my notes about a year ago in the case that I ever needed a bolt:

"I think it was Ekie who wrote that a 5.45 AK-74 bolt can be used, but one of the locking lugs will have to be ground to fit. Sounded like you'd need some machining experience.

I just bought a spare firing pin from K-var and keep it in the buttstock cleaning kit. Replacement springs and an extractor woudn't be a bad idea either."
View Quote

I figured as much. Was hoping to find one that would be drop in.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top