Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/8/2015 2:03:55 PM EDT
I refinished my new when I bought it Romanian with Cerakote. OD green and some black accents.

The response I got was too green. I recently ordered a MI for end rail so I could re purpose my Primary Arms red dot, but when I got it all put together I noticed it was really lousy in the cheek weld area, so I began looking for a solution to this new problem. I found this stock part from APEX gun parts co for about $16.00 I can replace the sides of the stock to a flat form that they make a cheek riser for.

They also sell a kit with all the stock parts included for $60.00. Will this work since it's made for a Polish under folder? If not how can I remedy the poor cheek weld problem?

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 6:38:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Put on a folding stock with a real cheek weld or a fixed stock.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 9:04:16 AM EDT
[#2]
OP, I think you are looking at a lot of work for minimal improvement. IIRC the receiver would have to be modified to change from Rom to Pol stock latch/pivot parts. IMHO, I'd wrap the stock strut with whatever hideous color of paracord appeals to you and keep on moving.  As posted above, if the cheek weld bothers you that much, you may want to sell for a fixed or side folder variant and consider the green refinish a sunk cost.

ETA- I slit a section of fuel line and put that over the struts on my wire side folders before doing the paracord over-wrap. You may want to explore a similar technique on the side strut of your stock.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top