Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2015 7:18:37 PM EDT
Been doing a lot of research on my first AK purchase (was close to getting a Arsenal SGL-21 but couldn't get the price I wanted and missed out on a SAM7R) so started looking at the much maligned WASR. I have been looking at these for years and seen the typical issues that everyone complains about but started looking again when I read that they tightened up on quality control, long story short I picked up a 2013 model today and am pleased after the first outing. Had 3 FTF on the first magazine(Tapco) but after that all went well(even with my usual mag dump) sights are reasonably close as I was able to hit a bowling pin at 50 yds. The one concern I have is the trigger(Tapco G2) very very light and doesn't have the usual stop that im used to before firing. I mean when pulling the trigger you come to that usual spot where you know that its ready to fire but with this trigger I don't get that, when I came home I tried my Arsenal SLR-106 and that trigger was what I thought(positive stop before firing). Any ideas or suggestions on how to improve would be appreciated, all in all very happy with my purchase.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 7:43:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I also have a WASR.  I have had it for many years and have only shot it a few times because I am not much of an AK guy.
I notice the same thing with the trigger,  not like most rifles.  I would not call it unsafe if you know what to expect but for a first time user who is use to other military triggers it could be. I would explain it as the trigger fires when you are expecting to pull longer or harder and is a bit of a surprise.  I have not worked on the trigger or know how to change it's breaking point because again, I am not much of an AK guy and I guess it never even crossed my mind.
I put a folding stock and a railed handguard on mine and actually it is a really nice AK but then it went into the safe where it has sat for years.  I basically have it just to add a well known military rifle to my collection.  If there is a fix to '' tighten'' up the trigger I am curious as well
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would explain it as the trigger fires when you are expecting to pull longer or harder and is a bit of a surprise.l
View Quote
You read my mind and do a much better job of explaining it
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 10:20:49 PM EDT
[#3]
My G2 does have a very light pull, then tightens up just before it releases. I like it, is much better than the trigger on my Colt M4.

As far as the FTF, run more ammo thru it. I had the occasional FTF when new, after 100-200 rounds, runs like a sewing machine..
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top