Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/26/2015 11:40:57 AM EDT
Got one of the current crop of CAI WASR10's- the ones w/ the buttplate w/o hole for cleaning kit and no date on parts.
Came w/ two 30 rd mags- one TAPCO and one Romanian. Both work.
Also used Romanian leather ak sling, oil bottle and cleaning kit.

All numbers match. Looks like new parts- not recycled military from 60's or 70's.
Wood is new unfinished kind of rough wood.
TAPCO G2 trigger group- sweet.
Has bayonet lug, cleaning rod and threaded end of barrel.
Side rail for scope is straight.
Zeroed easily- just about center on front sight.
Went bang each and every time.

Slant flashider was turned on very tight. A little kroil oil and padded vice grips got it off. Cleaned threads and no issues.

Mag well is well done- fits plastic and military (Rom, Bul, Chin,Pol, Russ slab side) mags and drums equally well. Just about a perfect fit- better then some other AK's w/ dimples. Very little wiggle. No effort to insert mag or take it out.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:03:54 PM EDT
[#1]
The fit an finish on the current crop of WASR's is pretty nice. I bought mine about 6 years ago, it's very rough. The magwell was obviously opened by hand. The ammo is cheap, and it's a blast to shoot, so I'm happy.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:42:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm glad to hear you are happy with it. I'm on the fence about getting one. Just bought an npap df and am pleased with it. Bit on the heavy side. I want a wasr just to put the new magpul furniture on. The current wasr rifles are built with new parts.  Every one I've seen is built nicely.  Just wish they'd put the magwell dimples in them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:05:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw in a video they actually spot weld these pieces of metal on each side of mag well to minimize mag wobble in the newer production WASRs
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:09:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I saw in a video they actually spot weld these pieces of metal on each side of mag well to minimize mag wobble in the newer production WASRs
View Quote

Incorrect. The metal tabs on WASRs - and dimples on other rifles - are there to reinforce the weakest part of the stamped receiver. Neither the tabs nor dimples have anything to do with mag wobble.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:52:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Incorrect. The metal tabs on WASRs - and dimples on other rifles - are there to reinforce the weakest part of the stamped receiver. Neither the tabs nor dimples have anything to do with mag wobble.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you for the clarification! I was given false info while watching that video...
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:17:45 PM EDT
[#6]
J&G has WASRs now at $499 with a free Romanian drum, hope mine turns out is as nice as yours.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Just picked up my J&G Wasr10, it is very nice. Wish I had bought two.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:20:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Five years ago I would have taken an OPAP over a WASR, no question. I bought my WASR in 2013, although typical fit, finish & furniture of a WASR the sights were 100% straight and zeroed in at 25 yards out of the box, no functional issues. All steel mags are tight with no wobble and the G2 trigger is good. Action was typically rough but even first trip to the range was no fail, and a good polish job and vigorous use has smoothed it out considerably.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top