Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/16/2015 4:03:31 PM EDT
Just a heads up because I know a lot of people have had trouble finding the proper style slings for Romy AK's, check Centerfire. The 5 pack they have for $9.99 is the EXACT same sling i paid $15 each for  from an online surplus place. They are identical tp the original sling that came with my SAR-1 except there is a couple of shades difference in the green color. These aren't the cheap $3 chinese NC Star slings, they are high quality and appear to be the real deal.

I have no affiliation with any of the companies i mentioned (I am actually a cellular phone repair technician) but just passing along a helluva deal. I put one on my PSL, M70, and Romak and still have one set aside for my M92 SBR when i get my stamp as well as a few others.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:21:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:54:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 4:03:40 AM EDT
[#3]
They look good  in the picture, so have you ordered a set and seen them in person?  Most of the pictures of original Romanian slings I've seen are a bright green and these look more olive drab so I was wondering if they were real surplus?
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 12:38:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I got a 5ver, they are military. Same as the slings that shipped with the SAR's & AES10b.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 10:00:27 PM EDT
[#5]
i got a 5 pak. all appear to be new. good quality. color as shown in their pic.
be advised these are 45 inches fully extended, metal end to metal end. (my Russian AK rifle slings are 60 inches)
about 1 1/4 inch wide.

Link Posted: 2/15/2015 10:21:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info about the length Campout, seems pretty short, will have to measure some other AK slings to compare.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#7]
original romanian slings were leather.  they didn't go nylon for a very long time.  

great price on those though.  i have a few and like 'em.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 6:27:27 PM EDT
[#8]
you're welcome Tex

these make it nice for moving around the house for home defense and fondling; less bulky, less tangling. and they look cool for when comrades come over.

however, when i want to go shoot, i put that longer Russian sling back on there. reason is i put my head and secondary arm thru the sling, then wrap my secondary arm around the sling once then hold the handguard. then when i shoot, i can push out on the handguard and the pistol grip to stabilize, for shooting standing up. makes for much more accurate shooting.

i find when i try to do that with the Romy short sling, it brings the rifle up way too close.

and thanks to OP for the heads up.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:00:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Finally got around to picking one of these up from Desert Fox.  Appears to be the same as the ones from Centerfire as it is a foot or more shorter than standard AK slings.  I had to let it all the way out to be comfortable, removed "keeper" piece as not necessary since little slack.  It looks good and seems to work well as a carry sling.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top