Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/30/2014 11:10:15 PM EDT
Long story short i am looking at buying this AK price would be well cheap.

I know nothing about AK's and the stamp job is horrible I was hoping some of you might be able to tell me more about this particular AK.

Sorry for the lack of pictures i was taking pictures of over 20 guns (long story)

Link Posted: 12/30/2014 11:19:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Romanian SAR1 I'm guessing. Pics aren't great especially on my Galaxy S5.  They are generally good guns.  They just don't have a threaded muzzle or bayonet lugs.

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 2:32:01 PM EDT
[#2]
closets to akm you can get in USA unless you can find a real akm. .. They are issued to romaine recruits during training before they give them the switch.. typical accuracy of an ak.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 12:21:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an 1999 SAR1 and they are a really good rifles. They do not have a pretty finish but they are a factory rifle with a chrome lined barrel. Just thread the barrel for a slant cut muzzle brake and change the trigger due to horrible trigger slap. I never changed my trigger out I just filed down the back of it and it removed the slap for me. Also the bayonet lugs are grounded down on them so if you want to put that back to original your going to have to replace the gas block. I have not done that to mine. I will never sell my SAR.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 8:54:26 PM EDT
[#4]
SAR-1  
Year: 2002

Looks to be original from what i can see.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 12:56:36 AM EDT
[#5]
The SAR 1 is my favorite shooter.  It is a real Cugir factory AKM.  The closest you can get to a real Romanian AKM.  It is easy to zero and as long as it has straight sights, it is a great buy if you get it for a good price.  They are excellent shooters and mine are very accurate.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 7:04:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the input everyone. An yes i got it as well as a few others for a great price.

Picked up that AK, a M1 carbine, and a Tarus .22 mag revolver for a whopping $500
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 7:19:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Damm, that's a deal!

I have a couple SAR-1s and they are good to go.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I have 2 SAR-1s and they a good rifles.

From what I've seen, $500 is about what SAR1 are going for now, so $500 for all three guns is a deal of a lifetime. Depending on what the M1 Carbine is (US GI or commercial) the deal may be TOO GOOD to be true as I'd be concerned how the seller came about the guns.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I got them so cheap because I had a family friend who's husband passed away. She had almost 25 guns all together some good some not so good.

My step dad is a big gun nut so I told him and he wanted to buy the entire lot but didn't have enough cash yo buy everything. Mr and my step brother both offer $500 so we can make the deal in exchange for our choice if guns.

The M1 carbine serial number indicates it is one of last guns Inland produced.

We're pretty sure the stock on the m1 oohs aftermarket but ill add pics tonight.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 6:13:22 PM EDT
[#10]
This is why I always tell my wife if anything ever happens to me NEVER sell my guns for what I told you I paid
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 7:58:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is why I always tell my wife if anything ever happens to me NEVER sell my guns for what I told you I paid
View Quote

I would have to agree. We actually paid $4,000 for the entire lot. There were only a few weapons worth $500+ in their condition. I told her if she wanted to sit on them and sell them for higher it might be a while since most were of poor quality but she wanted to sell the entire lot and fast so we made a very reasonable offer considering almost all need cleaned heavily.

Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:04:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Dude, you got a deal of a lifetime. You say the M1 Carbine is an Inland. The stock does not look U.S. GI.  If it is an Inland the worth on that alone is $600 plus (at a low end). The SAR-1 is easily worth $500, and the handgun perhaps $300.

I too fear my wife will dump my collection if I croke, and I know I better make arrangements beforehand. I'd hate to see my IMI Galil go for $500 like a Century clone!
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes the serial numbers match with the last production run of Inland's. We also believe the stock is not GI and was replaced but its super pretty.

Their son kept a few guns but decided they didn't want them and i was just luckily enough to hear about it so i couldn't resist.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top