Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/24/2014 9:38:37 PM EDT
I'm trying to resolve a Length of Pull issue with my Romanian GP-WASR10. The LOP now is 12.75" (measured from face of trigger to end of buttstock). To get a comfortable hold on the weapon and proper sight picture and not be all hunched over or folded in half at the waist, I would have to have my nose pressed up against the textured top cover release button. I'm more comfortable (fits better to the shoulder, stays put during firing and allows me to sit straight up) with an LOP of 14", 1.25" difference.  I was planning on solving this with Pachmayr spacers and a rubber recoilpad as I rather like the aesthetics of the original wood stock. In looking on the internet, in addition to recoilpads made out of rubber, I also found some made out of sorbothane (a company called Kickeez). So I wanted to get the pros and cons of each.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:57:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorbothane? Really? Holy smokes. Man never heard that in firearms circles, but i do audiophile stuff too and its the bees knees for best dampening material around. I have some sorbothane pucks under my turntable and they work amazingly well. Truly awesome. So im thinking they likely would work very very well in this case too. Not sure what $ youre talking but the stuff is expensive in audio land....
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 9:33:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Have you looked at the UTG butt pad that's a copy of the Russian grenade pad? I put one on my WASR, about $10 from Amazon and added a full inch of length to my rifle. Very soft and the pad is almost twice as wide as the stock width.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:26:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you looked at the UTG butt pad that's a copy of the Russian grenade pad? I put one on my WASR, about $10 from Amazon and added a full inch of length to my rifle. Very soft and the pad is almost twice as wide as the stock width.
View Quote

I hadn't but I will now, thanks.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:28:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorbothane? Really? Holy smokes. Man never heard that in firearms circles, but i do audiophile stuff too and its the bees knees for best dampening material around. I have some sorbothane pucks under my turntable and they work amazingly well. Truly awesome. So im thinking they likely would work very very well in this case too. Not sure what $ youre talking but the stuff is expensive in audio land....
View Quote

it's anywhere from $21 to $43 from Kickeez.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top