Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/28/2014 7:30:34 PM EDT
Has anyone handled one of these? Are they really worth the premium over an off the rack WASR?
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 4:41:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Im interested in this as well. Was thinking M10 if I went the WASR route, then I saw these too.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 6:01:18 PM EDT
[#2]
No one here has bought one ?  
I'm seriously thinking about buying one.

ETA: I guess I should add that I've made several purchases from Atlantic and everything went smooth. They take care of their customers. I would rather spend a little extra on the Romanian Red knowing that they checked it out to make sure it's good to go than to buy a WASR from some place else and end up with problems and have to send the rifle back to century.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 11:07:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I can't speak on that model specifically. I can speak on the OUTSTANDING Customer Service I got from Atlantic when I had issues. They are the gold standard of online gun shops in my book.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 12:48:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I hate red furnature like that, but I would not mind paying an extra 10-20 $ for a hand select.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 11:58:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Hi everyone,

Haven't posted on here since I got my ak.  Been a busy few months. I came back to the forum following a ham radio thread and thought I would check out the forum on the ak. I did purchase one of these combos. This was a few months back before they did the hand select ones and finished the wood for you.  The ak i receieved the wood was unfinished but came with everything they said it would. The two drawbacks were the bayonet didn't come with the leather thong to attach to your belt, and no cleaning kit or hole in the stock for one. Also I did receive a plastic and metal magazine.  This was both my first ak purchase and my first online purchase. I was a little nervous and was happily surprised by the customer service from Atlantic. So in closing weather the rifles are better now that they are "handpicked" I would not be able to tell you.  However if you don't want to finish the wood stock yourself the overall price for the wasr and the accessories that came with it seemed well worth it. One more thing it also did come with a cleaning rod thats why I went with Atlantic and not classicfirearms because there was a small print saying that it may not come with it.  Sorry for an unorganized explanation. I don't normally post on forums I just read them

P.S. Thanks everyone you guys helped me out alot when figuring out and ak to purchase  
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top