Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/22/2017 4:57:51 PM EDT
What is involved in modifying a milled MAK-90 receiver in order to fit an underfolding stock assembly? I assume milling the holes through and removing the rear tang at the least.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:03:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Your going to need the proper rear trunnion,the hardware for the stock to fold and lock,and the stock assembly.

Those Chinese parts are going to be tough to find and wont be cheap,plus the labor to do it properly = not worth it

It has been done before,just wont be cheap to do it right
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:59:08 PM EDT
[#2]
What trunnion? It's a milled gun.  GARY
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:27:30 PM EDT
[#3]
The question was about the receiver, not how expensive the parts are. I can do the work myself as well.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 12:10:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I did mine,,,take your time and it goes pretty easy

good luck...Sign_Wolfman
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:25:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Does anyone have these Chinese underfolder kits in stock? 

I have a MAK90 with the dimples, like this one.  But I can't find a Chicom underfolding stock. 
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:27:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does anyone have these Chinese underfolder kits in stock? 

I have a MAK90 with the dimples, like this one.  But I can't find a Chicom underfolding stock. 
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Topomast/470d2b2f.jpg
View Quote
What you want to do is find the Chinese stock itself, check gunbroker.

Then you have to find a Romanian underfolder stock kit, take the hardware from that and use it to install the Chinese stock on your mak.
You won't find the Chinese hardware but the romanian(as well as a few other countries) use the same hardware.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top