Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/24/2016 5:41:30 PM EDT
Just received several US Palm AK30 Magazines. Very nice magazines but will not work in my MAK 90. They fit in the magwell but will not lock in. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Thanks
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:04:27 PM EDT
[#1]
the only issue I had with a mag not locking in a AK was the MD ARMS 12 ga  SAIGA drum. had to barely take a bit off the top of the rear mag "stud" so it would lock in.

if you take out the bolt group completely out of the AK and view it from the top as you put the mag in, you'll see that the there will be a piece of metal at the rear of the mag well  that is stopping it from fully seating in the mag well and locking in. just go super slow to take a bit of material off the top of the stud on the magazine. don't get too aggressive. just a bit will do. check for fitting often.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 4:46:00 AM EDT
[#2]
My mistake. With some effort, I was able to get the magazine to lock in place. Now it is working OK. Very tight, but OK. May loosen up. Nice magazines. Thanks for your help.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top