Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/12/2016 6:31:59 AM EDT
If mak 90s are regarded as some of the best aks made why are they still available on gunbroker? I'm in the market for an ak 47 and seeing how I can't find an slr 107 I am considering picking one up. All I can find are atlantics qc wasr and ddi aks for almost a grand so I am considering buying one on gunbroker.

Is there a way to tell if it is slant cut or not without taking off the thumbhole stock?
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 7:47:31 AM EDT
[#1]
They are available because they bring a premium.   Change the FSB to a spikee underfolder and change the stock you have an original Chicom AK for a lot less than an original preban model
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 7:47:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Almost every gun ever made is still available. You just have to be patient and look.
The weird thing about my Chinese AKs, is that they have never jammed or misfired once over decades of shooting them. I can't even say that about my Glocks.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 8:22:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If mak 90s are regarded as some of the best aks made why are they still available on gunbroker?
View Quote

they exported them by the rail car loads. there was something like 5 importers that brought them in, so they pretty much flooded the market with them. because they were cheap, around 200 bucks, follks like me bought a couple of them

Link Posted: 10/12/2016 9:11:57 AM EDT
[#4]
How hard are they to de-ban? I dont really like the hooded front sight block.

They have been around a while so Im guessing they can be modded pretty easily? M4 stock adapters, Ultimak, etc.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 10:43:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They have been around a while so Im guessing they can be modded pretty easily? M4 stock adapters, Ultimak, etc.
View Quote

Ask and ye shall receive
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 10:48:47 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ask and ye shall receive

O great Chi-com AK oracle, where might I find a spiker FSB?
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:26:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Back in the early 90's you could go to any gunshow and the vendors would literally have stacks upon stacks of them on their tables around $200-$250 each.  That's why you can find them without too much trouble.  They cost a bit more than that now though.  I wish I had bought a container of the damn things back then, them and the Maadi's.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ask and ye shall receive

I would put a Want to Buy in the Equipment exchange here and at any AK forum you can find. Also check Gunbroker.  Gunshows, but expect to pay over $200 for one.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#9]
The more I read about these the more I want one since they seem like a great value. $800 seems a bit steep though, especially considering the debanning costs.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 7:25:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
. $800 seems a bit steep though, especially considering the debanning costs.
View Quote

well, you either pony up the 800 dollars now or you wait till after the election and pay far more then  double that.

BTW, I would stock up heavily on ammo and mags. like real, real soon,  while the supply and prices are still good.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 11:08:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

You might as well just get a WASR or find an older SAR-1 then, why bother with the premium on the Chinese if you're going to use Euro parts on it?
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 12:50:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Luckily they are.
As you know, one of the best AKs made.
Lots of them imported and were inexpensive

Not now
The days of $200 AKs and $100 for a case of 1000 rd surplus ammo are long gone.

A lot of the MAC90s available now are from the guys that bought cheap and are now selling for profit.
They, like most other AKs, will always be "available". The prices now just reflect the current market.
Of course the best models will bring top dollar.
A lot of junk out there now being sold.

If Clinton had won the election, they would be at least double the price they are now.

Get one and enjoy it. You will not regret it.
Not sure about a way to tell about the receiver cut without removing stock

Good luck
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 5:40:18 PM EDT
[#14]
The US made rifles are problematic. I would buy a factory commie gun and call it good. I love my mak 90's They work..
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Back in the early 90's you could go to any gunshow and the vendors would literally have stacks upon stacks of them on their tables around $200-$250 each.  That's why you can find them without too much trouble.  They cost a bit more than that now though. I wish I had bought a container of the damn things back then, them and the Maadi's.
View Quote

You and me both.
Love the one I did get, though.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 6:30:14 PM EDT
[#17]
There is nothing special about a mak90. Decent rifle but not great. I had 2 still have one. The one I have had a crooked front sight and the trunnions looks like it was milled with a Dremel. I would take them over century builds but a nice European ak is superior.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 12:17:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Damn you need to be more picky!

MIne was really an 84s that they scrubbed the 84s off of and overstamped it with a crude ass  "MAK 90" (i love that part). It's straight  as an arrow.   But most weren't made like that. just be picky
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top