Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2016 3:56:54 PM EDT
Primary Arms has posted on their site the following-  NOTE: Due to the wide range of tolerances of your typical AK, minor fitting of the stock may be required. Not compatible with Yugo pattern AK's or the Norinco Type 56S/MAK-90 due to differences in the trunnions tang.

Has any one installed a Zhukov on their MAK?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:14:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd bet you could make it work with a dremel and some burr bits.  When I put a kvar stock on my MAK90 years ago, it required quite a bit of fitting to get it to seat fully with no gap, including lengthening the tang slot.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:59:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Primary Arms has posted on their site the following-  NOTE: Due to the wide range of tolerances of your typical AK, minor fitting of the stock may be required. Not compatible with Yugo pattern AK's or the Norinco Type 56S/MAK-90 due to differences in the trunnions tang.

Has any one installed a Zhukov on their MAK?
View Quote

I have a Zhukov that fit into my Mak 90 with zero fitting required. It was as simple as removing the polymer stock and sliding the Zuke in and tightening it down. Somewhere in the archives is a thread with pics of my setup. Sorry my search fu sucks pretty bad.

ETA: Mine is a slant cut receiver.

Link Posted: 10/16/2016 4:14:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I found pictures of others using this stock on their Mak.  I made it work.  
One of the holes didn't quite line up.  Had to trim a little too.

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:05:30 PM EDT
[#4]
First off...it will fit...some fitting required.
 When I owned my Mak o did the swap when magpul first came out with the folding stock.  Quite easy to fit even with the slant cut reciever, it left a small air space that was a bit of an eye sore for me...but handled great , matter of fact I'd say it had a better fit then the 1mm thick stamped recievers.   Trimming was minimal and the only tough part was aligning the top screw with the inside angle wedge.

The front handgaurd needs a bit more to fit then that butt.   Need to trim the inside edge that covers the fro t of the reciever and I had to do some metal trimming on the gas tube retention caps to get a good fit.

I also drilled holes into the mounting rail in the front to lighten up the front.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top