Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/3/2016 4:46:49 PM EDT
Anyone have a good source?

What type is the least expensive with good quality?
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 9:48:40 PM EDT
[#1]
"People say" or "many agree" that the romanian ones are the best. IDK ive owned one that i picked up locally from armslist poster. Never fired it and sold it for double what i paid. Then i decided hey id like to have an rpk. So i picked up 5 of the korean drums when they were 49.95 a year ago. I have shot one of them and it works. Some say they are not as good as the romanian others say they are just as good. So believe what you want to believe, but it seems though i havent looked that prices seem to be around 70-100 bucks for either, korean being the cheaper one usually. Dont think most people will wear out either.  My suggestion is sportsmans guide with a free shipping coupon if your just looking for one
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 4:42:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"People say" or "many agree" that the romanian ones are the best. IDK ive owned one that i picked up locally from armslist poster. Never fired it and sold it for double what i paid. Then i decided hey id like to have an rpk. So i picked up 5 of the korean drums when they were 49.95 a year ago. I have shot one of them and it works. Some say they are not as good as the romanian others say they are just as good. So believe what you want to believe, but it seems though i havent looked that prices seem to be around 70-100 bucks for either, korean being the cheaper one usually. Dont think most people will wear out either.  My suggestion is sportsmans guide with a free shipping coupon if your just looking for one
View Quote

Are you taking about the Romanian top loading ones, or the open back plate ones, or both?
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 6:06:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I have drums just for the novelty factor. To me they are all a pain in the ass
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 1:30:22 AM EDT
[#4]
back loading ones, they are really the way to go. They can be stored loaded without wearing out the spring. Once you get the hang of them you dont need to fill them up to shoot them either. I would steer clear of the top loading ones. While trying to get it loaded it puked out the rounds before he could get it in the gun several times.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top