[#5]
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 10:18:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Price paid?
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 10:23:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 10:32:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Sling looks correct based on what came with mine when I bought it new. The mag looks Eastern European , flat back should be correct.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 10:58:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 11:47:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks need to look next time I get to our late buddies house and see if I can find a Chinese mag, and maybe the box?  What would the box say?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sling looks correct based on what came with mine when I bought it new. The mag looks Eastern European , flat back should be correct.

Thanks need to look next time I get to our late buddies house and see if I can find a Chinese mag, and maybe the box?  What would the box say?

The box will be a plain brown cardboard flip up box with serial number wrote in marker or pen on the side with a Styrofoam insert.

If you find the box it will add @200-300 to the value of the rifle.

There was some super rare GLNIC underfolders imported as well they are like hens teeth

Here is some info on the GLNIC

http://www.chicom47.com/Importers/ImportCompanies.htm
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 1:36:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Beautiful AK, no doubt. Fantastic find. Go shoot it.

I have a GSAD sub 100 serial number type 56 with Chinese bakelite mag that hits the range regularly, and always brings smiles and questions around the range.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 1:12:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Sweet rifle, would have bought it also.

Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:18:35 PM EDT
[#13]
This looks nice . I found a very high mileage version of the same gun in a local shop for $1400 plus tax and walked away . It came with a ziplock bag of ammo and some rough European mags . You did great OP
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 2:50:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 3:06:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I paid $1250.  I'll let you guys know since I now posses it

So with the 0229 number is it the 229th Ak imported into the country from china since GLNIC was the first?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This looks nice . I found a very high mileage version of the same gun in a local shop for $1400 plus tax and walked away . It came with a ziplock bag of ammo and some rough European mags . You did great OP

So with the 0229 number is it the 229th Ak imported into the country from china since GLNIC was the first?

I have more than that invested into my Arsenal.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 3:15:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 3:42:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have more than that invested into my Arsenal.

Not to derail but...

Link Posted: 3/7/2016 12:19:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hard to say,no way to really tell.

The Chinese are a little wacky with how they serialize guns.Its positively a very early import and the low serial # makes it desirable.

Did you find the box and extras?
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 8:09:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 11:47:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I did some looking for a box in the cellar, but honestly it is hard to tell where Kevin picked this thing up at, he was a FFL and was in tight with all the chinese importers, so who knows.  Looked, and did not find any chinese mags either.  There are so many chinese mausers in that place, that they are stacked like cord wood
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hard to say,no way to really tell.

The Chinese are a little wacky with how they serialize guns.Its positively a very early import and the low serial # makes it desirable.

Did you find the box and extras?

I did some looking for a box in the cellar, but honestly it is hard to tell where Kevin picked this thing up at, he was a FFL and was in tight with all the chinese importers, so who knows.  Looked, and did not find any chinese mags either.  There are so many chinese mausers in that place, that they are stacked like cord wood

I bet the box is somewhere in that clutter.I would ask the folks that are in charge of the estate  to let you know if they find some boxes that meet that description.

If your going to never sell the rifle then the box is meaningless unless its still packed with all the goodies it came with
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 12:20:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 8:08:17 PM EDT
[#22]
I give, what's so special about it other than being a nice example of a Chinese Spiker?

My Chinese AK Holy Grail would have a 3rd hole and come with a piece of paper
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 1:34:37 AM EDT
[#23]
$1250 is a really good deal...

DON'T SHOOT IT!

I bought a 56S-3 from a pediatrician (no shit) off Auction arms back in 2003 for $780, mint, he had only run one mag through it to test it in 1986...

That's the one w/ a stamped receiver, & the red phenolic fixed (not folder) stock set. Apparently, they have become pretty rare.

I never fired it, I just sold it, along w/ the chinee red bakelite bayo & 30 round mag., original box & manual, sling, oil bottle all that crap for $2800.
Now, if I had taken it to the range & shot it a bunch (it now being a collector item), there's no way I would have got near that much.

" />
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 11:09:09 AM EDT
[#24]
I got mine in late 1986 or early 1987.  I have shot about 2000 rounds through the rifle.  Back in the day, I purchased the rifle, camo rifle case and wood crate of 1440 rounds of Chinese steel case ammo for $400.  Thought that was a lot of money back then.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 12:23:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I give, what's so special about it other than being a nice example of a Chinese Spiker?

View Quote

Your right.  It's a really nice rifle, but really it's just a low serial number, stamped type 56.  No original box and doesn't sound like its unfired.
Definitely not a "holy grail" rifle.  The Chinese AKs are my favorite aks, so don't take this post as a knock on the gun, like I said its a very nice gun.
OP you paid the going rate, maybe a little less for what you received.  

Now a Milled Polytech legend....unfired, in original box with everything it originally came with, that's holy grail material....

And yes adding being a transferable will also boost that title as well
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 11:03:00 PM EDT
[#26]
I got a Norinco side folder, pretty rare, like this one on armslist

not my ad, just using as reference

Link Posted: 4/6/2016 10:46:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Your right.  It's a really nice rifle, but really it's just a low serial number, stamped type 56.  No original box and doesn't sound like its unfired.
Definitely not a "holy grail" rifle.  The Chinese AKs are my favorite aks, so don't take this post as a knock on the gun, like I said its a very nice gun.

Now a Milled Polytech legend....unfired, in original box with everything it originally came with, that's holy grail material....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just sold my holy grail unfired Poly Legend UF with no box for $2840

No regrets selling it

Link Posted: 4/9/2016 12:59:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Not holy grail, but very nice.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 1:15:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Is there a milled double folder?
That would be my grail.gun
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#30]
that mag that came with your gun might be Chinese Im sure that I have some Chinese steel mags that are NOT flat back mags, better check than to assume its euro....  Chinese AKs are the BEST....
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 7:39:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Beautiful rifle. I also have an early preban from a different low volume Importer.
But I consider the "holy grail" to be the Green CLAYCO.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 4:57:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Had this since mid 1980s

Unfired GLNIC..

Link Posted: 8/7/2016 6:56:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 7:52:14 PM EDT
[#34]
It is a very nice rifle. The holy grail to me would be an spikey underfolder.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:32:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It is a very nice rifle. The holy grail to me would be an spikey underfolder.
View Quote
Like mine? 

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 2:54:26 PM EDT
[#36]
You got a very nice AK at a great price. Looks to be an early example as well!

A couple of pics of my "unique" AK here.  I think this is fairly rare. Do you agree?

Link Posted: 4/17/2019 9:33:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Milled Polytech legend.

I just went and dug out my box that mine came in. (I got it new)
It was in storage for many years. I opened it and it looks like the mags, bayonet, sling, etc. are in the box.
I didn't see the pamphlet , but it may be there.  
The foam is missing a small piece on the bottom.
I still have the rifle. It has not been fired. I have not looked at it for many years.
It is not for sale.
I may have a few picture I took of it years ago.
I will try to find them and add them to this post.
Attachment Attached File

Ron

I had one like it in Vietnam.
The guy that had it before me didn't need it any more.
It was new ( still in cosmolene), never fired. He had 3 rounds in his pocket.
I shot it in only 2 fire fights, just because.
Most of the time I was pumping out rounds with my M79
Attachment Attached File

Note that is not my flag, it belonged to a guy from GA. he just stuck it there. Trying to be PC.

The 2 ( the 60 and the 1919) in the front are our team weapons. The rest were mine.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 4:03:19 PM EDT
[#38]
My fully transferrable, circa '65, milled receiver, Chinese Type 56 machine gun.  According to Frank Iannamico and Dolf Goldsmith it is an original full auto, Triangle 66, China North Industries (Norinco), M22 export version weapon.  Most of the serial numbers match, but not all.  Some parts have Soviet proof marks which Frank said was not unusual for such an early Chinese AK.  Both Frank and Dolf said it was probably a sales sample originally sent to a Central or South American country in the early to mid '60s in an effort to get some sales.

Link Posted: 5/10/2019 9:54:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:09:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
My fully transferrable, circa '65, milled receiver, Chinese Type 56 machine gun.  According to Frank Iannamico and Dolf Goldsmith it is an original full auto, Triangle 66, China North Industries (Norinco), M22 export version weapon.  Most of the serial numbers match, but not all.  Some parts have Soviet proof marks which Frank said was not unusual for such an early Chinese AK.  Both Frank and Dolf said it was probably a sales sample originally sent to a Central or South American country in the early to mid '60s in an effort to get some sales.

https://i.postimg.cc/QxPmJjzz/Chinese-Type-56-AK-47-Right.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/8P9qYRTb/Chinese-Type-56-AK-47-Left-sanitized.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/GhVPyrgm/Dans-Chinese-AK-47-031.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/02F32Tpp/Dans-Chinese-AK-47-033-sanitized.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/jdmVn04x/Chinese-Type-56-AK-47-001-sanitized.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/FRWRbj5n/Additional-Type-56-Pics-004.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/HkXrGcXV/And-Still-More-009.jpg
View Quote
WOW!!!  Beyond a grail rifle, that's just incredible.  Wonder what the story is behind it?
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 5:37:14 AM EDT
[#41]
I got it about fifteen years ago from an SOT in Pennsylvania.  He got it from an estate sale and just wanted to flip it for a few bucks.  The SOT had a few AKs from the estate sale and was trying to flip them all.  There was little interest in this one and it was priced right.  I thought it over for a week before I decided to buy it.  As one would expect, it shoots just fine.
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 2:03:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I got it about fifteen years ago from an SOT in Pennsylvania.  He got it from an estate sale and just wanted to flip it for a few bucks.  The SOT had a few AKs from the estate sale and was trying to flip them all.  There was little interest in this one and it was priced right.  I thought it over for a week before I decided to buy it.  As one would expect, it shoots just fine.
View Quote
Really cool, thanks for the info.

You have a true holy grail in my book!
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 9:28:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Thank you everyone for all the kind words.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 11:32:29 PM EDT
[#44]
I picked up a used Norinco 56s today.

What would you guys think the value of this used but not abused one would be?

My buddy bought it for $600 (shop had no idea what they had) - we did some trading and I figure I've got $1200 or so in it.

He made out pretty good.  

Hoping I did too.  

Edit - pic is his one from the Trading Post that he messaged me.  I can get more pics tomorrow after work.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 12:34:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So I'm gonna use it for informal range testing, no mag dumps or anything, of course will be cleaned after every use...

BTW, I'm not sure if that mag is Chinese or not, looks like a eastern euro to me, any way to ID it??

Also, anyone have anymore info on GLNIC??
View Quote
That is not a Chinese magazine. It may be Romanian. Nice rifle!
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 8:58:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 9:14:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Holy grail to me would be a GSAD, the first chinese AKs imported for movie guns...t
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 5:00:23 AM EDT
[#48]
I had a GSAD norinco spiker that looked like the OP's rifle. I sold it to help with a down payment on a house. New owner said he would offer it back to me first if he ever sells it.... maybe one day.Attachment Attached File
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top