Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/20/2016 9:15:56 PM EDT
My dad bought an old nhm-91 ages ago, and lately with the price of ammo its mostly been sitting with the intent to sell it, it had gotten some surface rust so its missing bluing in places, and in general is not the most pretty gun, imagine that, an ak looking rough..

But lately I've been inspecting it and detail cleaning it purely out of boredom and to learn the ak system, and im starting to wonder if perhaps I should either buy it off him, or tell him to keep it, and dress the gun up some. it accepts normal ak mags, the thread protector doesn't appear welded.

I'm kind of considering getting it some magpul furniture, putting a muzzle device on it, and in general fancying it up a bit.

Is it worth doing it with? Or should it probably be sold?
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 9:44:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I would maybe re-blue it and keep it, maybe buy it off of him, wouldn't sell it though.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 9:55:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep it. Norincos are getting more scarce.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 10:01:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Its's the first non .22 I ever learned to shoot so there is a bit of sentimental value in it, hence while I don't mind putting some money in it, even if I don't buy it, but at the same time, I didn't want to put a lot of time into it, and realize nothing could be  fitted right and or it was junk so I figured I would ask here.

Starting to look like I have a project to do
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 5:52:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Make it looks like it's supposed to

(image from google)

Link Posted: 1/24/2016 1:16:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Put up some pics of it, if you would be so kind.  I've got an NHM-91 front end, and I plan on building it up eventually using a Romy rear trunion and a blank receiver.  

Are you saying 7.62x39 ammo is THAT much more expensive in your area, so where you just won't shoot the rifle anymore?

I think, personally, putting magpul furniture on it would not look right, especially with the longer barrel and bi-pod, but then again, it might look really cool...  
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 8:57:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I also have NHM 91 and was just thinking if I should leave it stock or modify it.  ugh...
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 7:46:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Upgraded mine many years ago: Tapco folding stock, new Tapco (?) fcg, ultimak forearm with rail, YHM flashhider.  I enjoy it much more since.  Seems like there are a lot more options now to make the AK/RPD clone you want.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top