Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/7/2016 8:38:31 PM EDT
Just received a used MAK-90 Sporter w/ thumbhole stock from my father-in-law. Now I know many prefer the "classic look" of the AK, I am looking to modernize it as well as make it 922r compliant. Right now my list is as follows:
- Magpul Magazines (only came with the one 5rd mag)
- Magpul Zhukov Stock
- Magpul Zhukov Handguard
- Magpul AK Grip
- Strike Industries Sight Rail

Has anyone had results or pictures of a MAK90 with the Zhukov Handguard and stock? I keep hearing mixed results. Im not afraid to modify the handguard to fit.

Also planning on threading the barrel as well down the road.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 9:05:16 PM EDT
[#1]
You may have to thin out any part that goes into the receiver as the chinese receivers are 1.5mm thick as opposed to the standard 1mm.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 9:16:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the Zhukov on my MAK 90 and it fits and works perfectly. There will be two small openings at the bottom sides where the receiver is cut on a slant. All this does is allow a little more of the stock to show but that is it. I did not use the other Magpul stuff. I opted for a Hogue pistol grip, and an Ultimak railed gas tube, and a generic polymer front grip. Lastly I just installed the ALG AKT trigger. IT IS ONE TERRIFIC trigger. Get one right away. I threaded my barrel and put a 14 x 1 threaded A2 flash hider on it. My rifle was assembled the way It is because I wanted an ultra reliable bullet hose, not a clone/copy of any particular make or model AK. I succeeded in reaching my goals very nicely. My MAK 90 is a very accurate, infinitely reliable lead flinger. IM me if you have any questions.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 3:16:38 PM EDT
[#3]
OP: is your receiver a slant or straight cut version? Mine is slant cut, so I had to get an adapter from desert fox. If yours is slant, magpul's butt stock may not work.

Anyways, I'd love to see some pics of these maks decked out in magpul. Copes has or had the zhukov hand guard in black for $77 last I saw...
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Slant back here.... Will work, buttstock will show small gap but is rock solid.   Handgaurd needed some trimming to fit over the thicker receiver... Also had to trim the Gastube hand guard tabs.    other then that great fit.

I also lightened up the magpul handgaurd internal sleeve by drilling large and small holes (airline lightening) possibly 20% lighter.   Moved the sightblock back to the Gastube, cut and threaded a 74 brake on and tap and weld.  
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top