Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/2/2015 8:42:01 PM EDT
I'm tired of scrubbing the backed in carbon from the muzzle of my old Norinco 56s-1 everytime I shoot it. I literally hang the rifle upside down for an hour with the tip of the muzzle soaking in some slip 2000 and then scrub it hard.. Still can't get all of it out of the slant break.
Been trying to locate a plain Polytech muzzle nut to avoid carbon build up but no joy.. Not GB, Polytech itsel, ebay... nada.
Tried a couple of warsaw pact nuts but there are size differences. Need the chinese.

Anyone know of a possible source?   I will try the next Rocky Mountain Gun show here in Salt Lake City.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:08:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Try apexgunparts.com, the yugo or bulgarian muzzle nut should fit no problem. Are your threads 14x1LH?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:32:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try apexgunparts.com, the yugo or bulgarian muzzle nut should fit no problem. Are your threads 14x1LH?
View Quote

Yeah, 14X1 LH. Tried an Arsenal. Doesn't quite fit. The dimensions are slightly different. Tried my friend's GSAD and Poly and both fit perfect. I know that my 56s-1 and the other chicom barrels has a slightly greater diameter than the other 'AKM' variants.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:45:21 PM EDT
[#3]
When they are threaded they all end up being the same size, maybe a few, thousandths difference, but it shouldnt stop it from fitting. I'm not sure why it wouldn't fit but I think you should definitely one from apex. Here you go link, I would try the US made one or the yugo (I have a yugo slant break on my norinco.)
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:26:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Looking at the Apex US made one. At least it has the 1"scale in the photo. That might work. The Arsenal nut I had just wouldn't start easily. Didn't want to push it. The GSAD and Poly started as easily as my Norinco slant break
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:24:53 PM EDT
[#5]
The arsenal may have been a 1/2"x28, I'm not sure though as I don't own one.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 7:33:27 PM EDT
[#6]
delete
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:06:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Problem is most likely related to the length of the muzzle nut. Break out your calipers and check...Most likely you'll find the chinese muzzle nut is a bit longer by about 0.5mm. My Polytech muzzle nuts measure between 14.820mm - 15mm. The euro. made nuts come in at about 14.120mm - 14.520mm. by comparison and if used on a chinese AK leave a few threads exposed at the muzzle.

The difference is very hard to spot unless you can measure them side-by-side.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:12:44 PM EDT
[#8]
OP if you're having trouble cleaning the carbon from the slant brake grab yourself a section of brass rod from the local hardware and pound one end flat with a hammer and bend a loop in the opposite end. You have just made yourself a brass scraper that won't harm the bluing and should effectively remove the carbon. I've found that filing the flattened end to make a nice straight, squared up flat head screwdriver shape makes it work best.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 8:00:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Good luck, they are very,very hard to find.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top