Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/29/2015 9:40:31 PM EDT
Anyone installed Magpul stuff on there Mak90 with straight cut receiver? I posted a inquiry in the magpul industry forum and got no replies. Thought i would ask all the Mak90 guys in the chinese forum. If you were successful and any issues?
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes I put a Zhukov stock an a Mak. It took some minor trimming with a razor knife and some file work to get it fully seated in the receiver so the hardware would reach. I assume that could be the case for any AK if the back of the receiver is not perfectly even. So just a little fitting got the stock rock solid.
I filed the stock surfaces,not the receiver.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 5:12:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Any AK stock should work. You will have to shave the part where it fits into the receiver. The MAK90 receiver is 1.5mm thick. Standard AKs are 1mm thick. So you need to shave a bit off to get it to fit.

I installed Russian wood on one of mine. I used a very sharp wood chisel and shaved a little off until it fit nice and snug. You could use a coarse file.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 6:01:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah it fits with some minor dremel work. I've got the Zhukov handguard and stock on mine.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 6:23:27 PM EDT
[#4]
might be a tight fit. MAK90 have 1.5mm stamped receiver while most variants have a 1.0mm stamped receivers (except veprs, yugos, etc w/ RPK receivers).  should only require some minor sanding to fit.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 1:08:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I was curious about this too. The Magpul product specs say "Not compatible with Yugo pattern AK's or the Norinco Type 56S/MAK-90 due to differences in the trunnion’s tang." Apparently the MAK90 tang is a bit longer than standard. Yet people say it works. Might be worth a try.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 4:19:22 PM EDT
[#6]
it'll work on a straight cut reciever, w/ minor fitting; it wont work too well or at all on slant cut
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top