Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/22/2015 3:15:02 PM EDT
Forgive my ignorance ladies + gentlemen but I am not versed on the Chinese AK's. Therefore, I am in need of your assistance to shed light on what I am looking at.

The aforementioned rifle is being offered to me locally for $900. Per the seller, "B WEST TUSCON ARIZON 7.62X39" is marked on the receiver. Outside of that, I only have photographs for your folks to analyze.

Thank you in advance!

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:35:24 AM EDT
[#2]
B-West imported and built rifles.

If it says "Made in China", buy it.  

If it says " Made in USA", run away.  Bad receivers.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:09:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think this is a Chinese gun. Wrong rivets and none of the usual markings on the left side of receiver. Looks like maybe Chinese parts kit on US receiver or clone gun.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:16:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree with the above. If it is a "Made in China" gun with B-West as only the importer, $900 is a great deal. If it is not "made in China", then it is a B-West manufactured receiver with Norinco parts. The B-West manufactured receivers were not heat treated and the rivet holes will elongate with continued firing; not a good thing, in which case, you will have paid $900 for parts, not a good deal at all.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
B-West imported and built rifles.

If it says "Made in China", buy it.  

If it says " Made in USA", run away.  Bad receivers.
View Quote

This^^^^^^^^^^ DO NOT BUY IT IF IT SAYS MADE IN THE USA!
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 6:51:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Rivets above the trigger look incorrect.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top