Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/17/2015 9:34:29 PM EDT
ok guys i got this mak 90 in a trade thinking this scope rail issue was not gonna be a big deal..... tried bolting it with 6-32 machine screws and loctite no luck.....  when i got it it had the 3 holes in receiver and the rail in bag.

my question is whats the best method of reattaching it short of having it riveted?  im trying to find the size of head head they use for the mounts when they sell em.  from what i can gather people say the allen head bolts that these come with usually work quite well.  other then this issue she is a work horse and a hell of a shooter.

image url upload
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 7:19:45 PM EDT
[#1]
got some 6-32 allen head bolts and red loctited em will try out on the range but i can tell a big difference i cant budge the mount and im a big guy....  last one with machine screws i could force the mount to move but i think these having an edge to lock into the metal makes a good difference.  will report back.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top