Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2015 10:41:11 AM EDT
I am thinking of buying a Polytech, but I am unsure if it is a pre ban or not. The guy does not believe it is, but I want another opinion. I can post the pics i have, i cant figure it out, but I attached the email he sent. Tell me what you all think. thanks. The serial number is CW-02495___
---
Hi,
There is no indication of the year of manufacture on the rifle.
Based on the information engraved on the rifle and what I read, I believe that this rifle is one of the pre ban rifles batch that has been imported shortly before the ban but did not cleared Customs in time to avoid being affected by the ban. So, it got stuck in Customs and in order to be released for sale, they had to removed / replace all the “evil” features.

Please keep in mind that this is a Polytech ( 386 factory imported by Kassnar Imports in GA.) not a MAK 90 SPORTER. Those are the pre ban AKs, manufactured to comply with the ban specifications.

This particular Polytech rifle left the factory as a pre ban spiker with wood furniture and had to be MODIFIED in order to be released for sale by the Customs officials.

The non modified, pre ban Polytech with the original bayonet and wood furniture are way more expensive than the rifle in front of you, but basically those are the same rifles, manufactured by the same factory, to the same very high
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:45:19 AM EDT
[#1]
My concern is if I buy this and move back to my communist homestate that has an AWB, I don't have to get rid of it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:31:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Where are you from? If it is CT any norinco is pretty 94 and gtg
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:34:54 PM EDT
[#3]
You have a Post Ban gun.

Yes they are top of the line Polytech AK's, but because of the mods it is post ban. It should be marked as an AKS 762 SP. SP was added to denote post ban status.

AIRBORNE!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:18:42 PM EDT
[#4]
It does say SP. Are you meaning post 89 ban or post 94 ban?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:20:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I live in NH, but am from CT. I just want to cover myself if I move back.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:55:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Norincos are GTG, if you have any questions CTHF is very knowledgable and would be the best place for questions about what is/isn't legal.

Link to Connecticut Hometown Forum

Welcome
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:11:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks. Keep up the fight.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:29:05 PM EDT
[#8]
If you must come back to this liberal cess pool any Chinese gun is Connecticut Pre Ban and good to go.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:32:19 PM EDT
[#9]
To 98% of Americans who are only concerned with the 89 ban, it's a POSTBAN. However to the few that live in a commie state, it's a PRE 94 BAN rifle. It doesn't matter when it left China, what matters is when it arrived in the US. GARY
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 12:44:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:Please keep in mind that this is a Polytech ( 386 factory imported by Kassnar Imports in GA.) not a MAK 90 SPORTER. Those are the pre ban AKs, manufactured to comply with the ban specifications.
View Quote

Did Kassnar import Polytech rifles?  Or did you mean Keng's?
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 11:34:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Wasn't Kassnar based out of Harrisburg Pa?  GARY
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 10:44:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, I bought the rifle. The thread protector has been tack welded on. If I remove the welds and install a muzzle brake, that does not matter. I could still leagally posses it in Ct even though it will now have two evils( threads and pistol grip) + a detatchable magazine? Or because it is pre 94 I can have what ever on it. If so I will replace the front sight to get a bayonet attachment back that was ground off.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 11:12:51 AM EDT
[#13]
A pre-94 can have as many features as you want.

ETA: take a look at this thread it may help you out

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_64/158838_Norinco_MAK_90_FSB_replacement_deban.html
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top