Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2015 4:58:02 PM EDT
As the title says, is the type 56-1 a good rifle?
I found one fairly cheap, but it could use a new barrel.

What do you guys think of the type 56-1

Thanks for looking!
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:33:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably one of the best AK variants out there; basically you have a 1.5mm thick stamped receiver with a Type 3 AK barrel (thicker than an AKM), which makes for a fairly accurate and durable AK.
Surprisingly, of all the cheap crap the Chinese make, their AKs aren't cheaply built crap.

Most of the imported chi-com AKs were quite abused because they were cheap, ammo was cheap and "it's just an AK".

Polytechparts still sells replacement barrels:
Polytech Parts
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:37:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you!!

I´ll go pick it up next week
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:13:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I doubt Polytech will send a barrel to Sweden, and it's not an easy job to replace the barrel. HTH.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:27:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Nope, polytech wont ship anything to me, but the gunshop could imoprt one.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:21:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you sure it needs a new barrel ? It's nearly impossible to shootout a chrome lined barrel
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top