Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/18/2015 9:55:59 PM EDT
So how did I do on this trade???

I have a polytech AKS=762 with the spike bayonet.

The butt stock  that was on it, was the wrong type, so I got this one  from Poytech ak-47, but the but stock does not fit quite right, should I just leave it or should I mess with it?

</a>" />

</a>" />

</a>" />

Any info on it would be a big help.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 1:20:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 2:42:02 AM EDT
[#2]
One of my mak's with a kengs stock shows a bit of skin between it and the receiver.
Some fit real tight and some, like my mak with the bulgy furniture show a bunch of skin. It doesn't matter much to me but you  could match the coloring up to hide the bit that is showing..

Edit to add that you have a very nick pre-ban Chicom ak..enjoy..

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 12:38:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I traded an AR for it, and the butt stock just does not fit flush with the receiver.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:02:06 PM EDT
[#4]
You traded an AR (Dime a Dozen) for a Banned Poly Tech Spiker. I would say you did pretty good. Usually the checkered grip Poly Tech's have the spring loaded firing pins verses the earlier Poly Tech's that did not. However since the grip color doesn't match the front wood color it may have been added later. Is your firing pin spring loaded? As for the stock if it is solid I would leave it as is. I miss my Poly Tech Spiker. What questions did you have about it?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:33:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You traded an AR (Dime a Dozen) for a Banned Poly Tech Spiker. I would say you did pretty good. Usually the checkered grip Poly Tech's have the spring loaded firing pins verses the earlier Poly Tech's that did not. However since the grip color doesn't match the front wood color it may have been added later. Is your firing pin spring loaded? As for the stock if it is solid I would leave it as is. I miss my Poly Tech Spiker. What questions did you have about it?
View Quote

I just wanted to know about the furniture mostly (since I have researched it since I got it) and I purchased the furniture from Poly Technologies and that is how the set came.

The stock is solid, it just has about a 1/4" gap and it just does not look correct, and I think I did good on the trade

THanks,
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top