Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/26/2014 2:12:03 AM EDT
What type of wood best matches the chinese wood used on a milled receiver? Is the hardwood birch the best option? I want to go with the darker stain not the orange color? Does anyone know what stain would be a good match for the dark color? Thanks for any help you can give.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 8:13:22 PM EDT
[#1]
When I wanted to order a butt stock for my milled MAK 90, I called Matt at Ironwood, told him the color I was going to use, & for him to make it out of the wood HE felt would be the best match for the color I wanted. The butt stock is now an exact match to the Chinese foregrip that came with the gun, but I still don't know what wood he sent me. GARY
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 6:51:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the tip. I'm going to get the complete stock set.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 3:53:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Take a long look at European Beechwood.  Read Matt's comments about its color and use on OEM AK's.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top