Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/8/2014 6:23:01 PM EDT
Ok , I'm on the hunt for my first AK . I know where a MAK90 is has all Norinco marks , stamped receiver , and a thumb hole stock that's so crude parts of it are almost square. But it's as original as any I have seen , I know the owner and it has been shot very little

Questions - can these take a side folder stock ? Any special type needed ?

Do these take any standard AK mag ?

I already looked at it , and it is in very good shape - looks new

Any disadvantages ?
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 9:30:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes it will take standard AK mags. You have to check the rear of the receiver to determine your stock options as some MAK 90`s had the rear of their receivers slanted.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 9:48:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Ace ltd makes a nice folder.
The only dis might be the blued finish isnt the most durable (but could be touched up)
maks have some of the best triggers
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 10:12:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I put one of the eastern European folders on mine. I had to file it a little because the walls of the receiver on the macs are a little thicker. pretty easy to do though. only one screw hole lined up as well.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:49:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I put one of the eastern European folders on mine. I had to file it a little because the walls of the receiver on the macs are a little thicker. pretty easy to do though. only one screw hole lined up as well.
View Quote

Yes. Works like a charm.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 12:15:26 AM EDT
[#5]
If you can take off the buttstock, do it, and get a good look at the back of the receiver.

Mak-90's have a few variations: http://ironwooddesigns.com/IWDreceiver.html
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:35:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I just ordered a Bonesteel Galil-type folder for my 2nd MAK90.  Reviews look excellent and it is designed for the thicker receiver.  Maybe a tad pricey, but the closest thing I can find to one of those Bakelite folders.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top