Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2014 3:59:40 PM EDT
I have an AKMS that currently has a three prong FH on it.  Is this correct or should it have a slant break?  Also, will the slant break simply replace the FH or will I need to do some kind of modification?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Typically it will have a slant brake or muzzle nut.
What does your front sight look like? Does it have a detent pin?

This is not my pic, but it will show you how slant brake is held in place.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 10:26:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes I have the detent pin.

I guess I'll just twist off the FH if it is not correct.  Or did some AKMS models have a three prong FH?

Next question.  Can I just buy any slant break out there, like say a Tapco?  Or do I need a specific one?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 12:11:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Easy to find if you have standard 14x1 threads.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 11:08:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Easy to find if you have standard 14x1 threads.
View Quote

thanks
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 11:05:22 AM EDT
[#5]
The slant brake looks very simple. Are there differences between different manufacturers?

Is the Tapco slant brake as good as anything else out there? it looks like it would be hard to mess it up.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:17:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The slant brake looks very simple. Are there differences between different manufacturers?

Is the Tapco slant brake as good as anything else out there? it looks like it would be hard to mess it up.
View Quote

I believe the TAPCO has two locking notches, one for righties, one for lefties. An original style one only has one notch. I like the stuff from CNC Warrior.

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top