Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/8/2014 11:13:27 AM EDT
I need some direction on how to go about changing my thumbhole stock to a standard AK stock or even a 6 position. I've had several people tell me its extremely difficult due to the slant , but I've seen some awesome looking jobs done on this forum and was wondering if anyone had a video they went by or a set of drawings etc. Please let me know, my hands are very large and I can hardly get my thumb in the stock and shoot with any comfort at all.
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 11:43:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Go here and see if this fits your needs.  http://www.ironwooddesigns.com/IWDNEWAKMM_2.html

I used one of these on my MAK.  They are good to go.
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 6:22:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 1:19:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, go to Ironwooddesigns and order custom wood.  the exotic woods are not much more expensive.  Teak would have been nice.  But,  I got Baltic Birch Laminate.  The grain is amazing after I have sanded it.  

If not, you are buying old ass furniture on the EE or online-  theres a lot of little mom & pop AK accesory websites, that have set for like $60.....but you are gonna have to leave em in paint stripper overnight, and really work and sand to get the wood down to a color that is workable.  

Post some pics.   Take off the stock, and we can tell you what you have.  I will try and explain it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 8:43:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just picked up a sweet MAK but I HATE the fking thumbhole stock. The only thing I have learned so far is the MAK comes two ways, a straight cut receiver and a slant cut receiver. I am told it is easier to find a stock for the straight cut than the slant cut. I have not been into AK's in a long time and I am finding out that plain old wood AK stocks are hard to come by these days...
View Quote

If you have a straight cut, any stamped receiver stock will fit. You'll have to do a bit of trimming, due to the extra thickness of the Chinese receiver metal, but we're only talking .5mm., then a refinish so all the lwood matches .
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 10:20:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top