Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/25/2014 1:38:32 AM EDT
Hey guys,

Need help identifying and explaining my recent AK acquisition. It's 7.62 x 39 and says interstate arms. Primary questions are:

Is this a converted Norinco hunter?
What brand or type of scope mount is on the side? Looks like I am missing a piece.
Are these any good quality wise?
What is one of these worth? No it's not for sale.

Thanks for the help. Also, any particular things I should be aware of? This was an estate purchase so I don't know crap about it.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:03:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Norinco hunter type 2 early chinese ergo grip and a chinese not stock to it scope mount. The grip is a add on as is the trigger guard. Trigger was usually to the back like a saiga. You should have no issues. Yes you are missing the part of the mount that actually holds the scope. original scope mount went on the screw holes ahead of it. Look at the hunter conversion section. What the hell is the thing hanging off the trigger guard at 6 oclock
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:23:30 AM EDT
[#2]
The guy put some funky spring assist device on the trigger. Looks like a bumpfire type thing. Pretty cheesy.

Any idea where I could get the other piece of the scope mount? Going to go look at the norinco section.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:55:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:48:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry, price checks still aren't allowed in the technical forums.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_78/148676_No_Price_Check_Threads_.html

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
The guy put some funky spring assist device on the trigger. Looks like a bumpfire type thing. Pretty cheesy.

Any idea where I could get the other piece of the scope mount? Going to go look at the norinco section.

I paid 500 for it. Seem reasonable or a little much?
Sorry, price checks still aren't allowed in the technical forums.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_78/148676_No_Price_Check_Threads_.html

Edited. Sorry about that.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 8:09:31 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a norinco hunter.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 1:02:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Is that a hellfire?  How well does it work?
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top