Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/16/2014 10:53:17 PM EDT
Just picked up a NHM 90, do the Bulgarians work in this rifle?
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 1:00:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
View Quote

No.  I don't think so.   Chicom mags are sorta rare and expensive.   Not sure if they can be modded.

Link Posted: 3/17/2014 2:52:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Measure the thickness of the front trunion where the front lips of the mag lock in. If it is AKM spec then no if it is AK74 spec then maybe. ((10)) mags mate to a 74 trunion.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 2:30:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No.  I don't think so.   Chicom mags are sorta rare and expensive.   Not sure if they can be modded.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think so eaither......at least not without modification. If you have a steel .223 Chicom mag, you could use it as a guide.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 3:23:44 PM EDT
[#4]
They DO work! With modification!

You have to file down the front and (possibly) the back tabs on the magazine to match the Chicom steel mag. Doesn't take long, but go slow and function test repeatedly.

Here's my NHM-90 with a Circle 10 mag:

Link Posted: 3/17/2014 7:37:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You have to file down the front and (possibly) the back tabs on the magazine to match the Chicom steel mag. Doesn't take long, but go slow and function test repeatedly.

http://i.imgur.com/WsnU4l.jpg
View Quote

Nice!  Good tip.   Now dremel off that God forsaken muzzle pipe.   You will see a small tack weld.  Go slow and cut the pipe, not the barrel.  It's only surface deep.   It will unscrew easily, with nice threads underneath.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Nice!  Good tip.   Now dremel off that God forsaken muzzle pipe.   You will see a small tack weld.  Go slow and cut the pipe, not the barrel.  It's only surface deep.   It will unscrew easily, with nice threads underneath.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a Bulgarian mag on the way, I'll try that. Yeah it didnt take me ten minutes with  a dremel to get that pipe off.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 12:40:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No need for the dremel, my friend. My muzzle pipe was actually never welded (must have gotten in during the limbo period just before the ban went into effect). That's an old photo, and it was only on there because I hadn't found a brake that I liked. It's currently wearing a Damage Industries brake.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 7:53:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

No need for the dremel, my friend. My muzzle pipe was actually never welded (must have gotten in during the limbo period just before the ban went into effect). That's an old photo, and it was only on there because I hadn't found a brake that I liked. It's currently wearing a Damage Industries brake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome, how do you like the Damage break?
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 11:49:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Works good for me! And it's lighter than the muzzle pipe, which is a plus.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 8:10:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Well I got two factory norinco mags. They wont lock up.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 12:48:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Look under the magazine catch.  Is there a little round headed rivet?  If so grind it off and the mags should lock right in place.  Had to do this on my NHM 90.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 1:28:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Look under the magazine catch.  Is there a little round headed rivet?  If so grind it off and the mags should lock right in place.  Had to do this on my NHM 90.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That worked perfectly. The Bulgarian mag fits and cycles dummy rounds. Just a little tight on the bolt, may have to trim it some.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top