Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/19/2014 1:16:52 PM EDT
I recently saw where Polytechparts.com was selling newly made front sight assemblies, made with the folding spike. When I go to their website, I no longer see them advertised. Has anyone purchased one and installed it? Does anyone know if they will have anymore for sale?  I'll try and contact them this upcoming week. I hope I haven't missed the bandwagon on this one!   Thanks  John
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 1:32:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought mine right on the Polytech Parts website.

Mine came vaccuum/shrinkwrapped  on a flat polytech marked cardboard, totally unassembled.

Fsb is marked Polytech USA, and is undrilled. Includes all of the parts you need, except for new fsb pins. You can either drift out your own and reuse them, or drill for new pins and use whatever diameter rod you want to use.

Havent yet installed mine, there is some legal ambiguity if I can install it on my MAK here in NY.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll have to call or email the Monday. i don't see them listed on their website anymore. I hope that doesn't mean they're gone forever again. I have a Norinco I bought back in 1990 that i'd like to put back into specs. And, tax refund time is nearing and have some extra funds. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 12:28:34 AM EDT
[#3]
If there no longer available these guys make one.  http://www.tortort.com/products/

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:42:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys! I will for sure contact Tort. Seems like a fair deal. Then the next big hunt will be for the actual AK spike. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 2:30:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm thinking about this for one of my AK's. Are these FSB's good to go?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:07:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm thinking about this for one of my AK's. Are these FSB's good to go?
View Quote

The Tortort pieces are solid, and Ben at Tortort is a great guy to deal with, GTG all the way.

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top