Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/17/2008 10:59:50 PM EDT
I just picked up an excellent condition Mak 90 thumbhole w/ 4 mags (two of them loaded) for $350.

My plans for it are a G2 trigger kit (already here) and a set of IWD furniture in walnut.

I haven't really decided how I want to finish the stock. I have a lot of dark wood guns and am thinking about leaving the walnut bare and just sanding smooth and applying tru oil to the stock. I've also tossed around the idea of a deep red stain.

Also, I haven't given much thought to muzzle devices. Is there a sight that can be pinned on to the stock FSB or do I need to thread the barrel?

I will use this thread to post pics of my progress. The IWB stocks should be here in about two weeks.

I'm excited. This rounds out my AK collection nicely.
Link Posted: 6/17/2008 11:46:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TDS_Guns] [#1]
Thread the muzzle.  Die it dark red.  I have the walnut.  I was going to leave it bare.  I actually stained mine with Minwax red mohogany and it looks awesome.  The walnut grain showed up real nice.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2008 9:31:49 PM EDT
[#2]
TDSGuns Thank you! Please post some pics. I was thinking just like you, but good to hear the Minwax turned out great. I thought it might be too dark. I have 3 to do: 1 milled 2 stamped straight cut.
Link Posted: 6/18/2008 10:11:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By TDS_Guns:
Thread the muzzle.  Die it dark red.  I have the walnut.  I was going to leave it bare.  I actually stained mine with Minwax red mohogany and it looks awesome.  The walnut grain showed up real nice.  

Is it possible to thread the muzzle?  To what size?

The IWD website sucks for ordering, can I give them a phone call or do I need to send an email?
Link Posted: 6/21/2008 1:03:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By CKxx:

Originally Posted By TDS_Guns:

Is it possible to thread the muzzle?  To what size?

The IWD website sucks for ordering, can I give them a phone call or do I need to send an email?

Email them. Tell Matt what you're looking for, tell him the type of payment you'd like to use and he'll send you a price.

I hope to have my stock set in two weeks or so and can finish this gun then. Can't wait...
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top